Oct 08, 2006, 06:27 PM
You win again, gravity!
Thread OP
Discussion

When was the last time you got good customer service?

Me and a buddy at the gun club are both nearing the date where we can start the paperwork for our firearms license, so last Saturday we went out to shop for guns

What a strange experience... most shops these days don't give you good service, are generally unhelpful an uninterested even when you come to buy a 2000 TV, and have 16 year old clerks who don't know anything about what they are selling. Even R/C shops are fast becoming like this.

But the guys in the gun shops really took their time helping us; in one shop we spent about 2 hours, with two of the store guys showing and explaining everything, and other customers joining in the discussions on the merits of each firearm. One clerk took us out back to show his favorite hobby, firing rifle rounds from a handheld Thompson pistol, after we asked what the use of this particular gun was. And all this with them knowing we wouldn't buy anything (since we don't actually have our license yet).

It was rather nice to see salesmen get enthusiastic about the stuff they're selling. When was the last time you got service like this, in any store? I remember guys in electronics and computer stores who sold stuff by being enthusiastc about it (I was one of them ), but those days are long gone.
Oct 08, 2006, 06:37 PM
Lookin' Good. Real Good.
Last time I was getting some stuff installed in my truck. I was in there and the dude installing everything showed me how everything worked, explained the theory behind it and gave me some free stuff for the truck (just ring terminals and a battery post, about 10 bucks) but I still learned a lot and he is going to get all my business because he was nice and made sure I knew what was going on.
Oct 08, 2006, 06:45 PM
Go get them Meg!
Actually, the last time I got really bad customer service was several years ago.

Other than that, the service I usually get is commensurate with the nature of the business I happen to be in: Places that tend to hire younger inexperienced workers like music stores and toy stores usually have bad service, and places that are able to pay for more experienced staff tend to give better service, generally.
Oct 08, 2006, 08:19 PM
At the bunny ranch.
Oct 08, 2006, 10:48 PM
Really?
I work part time at a franchise battery store, and if I do say so myself, the service we give is exemplary. My boss, the store owner, says that's par for the course with these stores.
Oct 09, 2006, 08:21 AM
Random Pic #23982
The best service is when you don't even notice you are getting good service.
Oct 09, 2006, 09:26 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff
The best service is when you don't even notice you are getting good service.
If I'm getting serviced well, I notice it.
Latest blog entry: The latest and greatest

Quick Reply