Oct 08, 2006, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I was watching TV yesterday and a commercial came on about this game. It isn't an rc flight simulator, but this game looks awesome. The graphics are amazing and there is over 24 million accurate highways and roads. The water is amazing, too. It looks so real. I just thought i'd share it with this forum because I thought you guys would like it the most. Here is a link to some pictures of the game: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sim/micro...reenindex.html

Hope you enjoy!

Bill
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2006, 02:48 PM
In order for you to get that amazing look, you need a VERY powerful computer. I fly Flight Sim 2004 (FS9) and some of the guys I fly with post screenshots that look so real. There are some amazing 3rd party payware and freeware upgrades to get the Flight Sim looking that good. You can't get water looking in FS9 like you can in FSX though. I've seen screenshots of FSX from the same guys who post FS9 shots and they are simply stunning.

I've tried to run my FS9 in 3rd person view using my 2 stick gamepad like an RC model, but it just didn't work very well. For some reason, I just couldn't get full throttle, only partial throttle.
Oct 08, 2006, 03:05 PM
Snoopy's Wingman
Those look awsome, I have been flying flightsim since FS4 and the progession of realism from version to version is always a giant leap. Can't wait for this one to come out.
Oct 08, 2006, 03:18 PM
Sussex, UK
I wonder if they could be persuaded to release an RC expansion pack, that uses the same graphics engine but has model sized planes and controls?
Oct 08, 2006, 04:23 PM
Average User
I've been flying MS Flight Simulator since it came on a few floppy disks. I'm on FS2002 now. My old PC runs it, but it's not real happy about it. MSFS is a very power hungery application.

I'm buying a new PC in the next few weeks. Haven't decided which brand yet, but it will have a dual processor, at least 2GB of memory and a 512MB video card. I'm hoping that will be enough to run MSFSX full bore.

Mike
Oct 08, 2006, 07:30 PM
Another excellent flight sim is X-Plane (I like it better than the MS flight sims)
http://www.x-plane.com/

Very customizable, and there are many many add on downloads available for free. Plus if you get the $70 version you get the real world's terrain to fly over (on 8 DVDs!!!). Check out some of the pics in the link - absolutely amazing!

You can even build your own planes (which many here should enjoy) and they will fly according to the regular rules of physics. I've never done that, but you can find all sorts of airplanes available for download.

They are both very cool 'games'

Quick Reply