Oct 07, 2006, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
Cool

Enterprise-D goes for $576,000

Wow! http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/1...cnn_topstories
If I had the money, I'd be one of those guys bidding on those items. Especially that particular model. Anyone having luck following the auction results? I was having trouble watching the history channels' stream of the auction. It never came in. I would have been slaving over it all day!
Oct 07, 2006, 07:39 PM
That's what I call being pretty darn 'ate up'. There's no model on the planet worth half a mil. How many perfect fakes could you have China build for you, for that kind of cash?

Treknogeeks. Sheesh.

Rick
Oct 07, 2006, 10:25 PM
Wow, then this model at the future birthplace of Captain Kirk must be worth a fortune!
Oct 07, 2006, 10:38 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
There's no model on the planet worth half a mil. Rick

I beg to differ:
Oct 07, 2006, 11:14 PM
Suspended Account
I think he's got you on that one Rick....
Oct 07, 2006, 11:49 PM
Live long and prosper
I still like the starship...
Oct 08, 2006, 12:24 AM
I watched the auction today and it sold for 500,000, I wonder if the additional 76,000 is auction fees or they got it wrong?

The original Enterprise surprisingly only brought 240,000
Oct 08, 2006, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
I beg to differ:
Sorry. She's not worth half a mil to me. Not even close.

Not to say that she isn't hot, but with half a million in the bank, I could most likely attract a half dozen just like her.

Not that I need money to get chicks.

Rick
Oct 08, 2006, 12:21 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwatcher
I still like the starship...

You're young. I've had both kinds of models, and there is no contest.
Oct 08, 2006, 12:24 PM
Go get them Meg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
Sorry. She's not worth half a mil to me. Not even close.

Not to say that she isn't hot, but with half a million in the bank, I could most likely attract a half dozen just like her.

Not that I need money to get chicks.

Rick

Oh I would bet that she is worth more than half a mil. Hell, my house is worth half a mil.
Oct 08, 2006, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
Oh I would bet that she is worth more than half a mil. Hell, my house is worth half a mil.
I guess it depends on your definition of 'worth'.

In other words, is she worth a half million on the open market as a personal slave/concubine, or as an executive assistant, or as a swimsuit model, or <insert intended use here>?

It's still way too much to pay for a stupid movie prop. The notoriety gained from owning it certainly isn't worth it, except maybe at a Trekkie dinner party held at one's home, with it as a dinner table decoration.

Of course, Trekkies are easily impressed. Anyone who lives to wear rubber Spock ears or plastic wrinkled Klingon forehead prostheses...

Rick
Oct 08, 2006, 12:52 PM
[[[[[[Oh I would bet that she is worth more than half a mil. Hell, my house is worth half a mil. ]]]]

A drumstick on Angie Everheart will get you a couple mill. Youre forgetting insurance.

I know the guy that built the voyage to the bottom of the sea prop! And the flying sub.
Oct 09, 2006, 10:01 AM

Quick Reply