Thread Tools
Feb 14, 2016, 04:04 PM
Registered User
What are you using for the CG?
Thanks
[email protected]
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2017, 12:26 AM
Registered User

Motor and prop size?


My plane came out to 550 grams.
Both upper and lower wings are aerofoil
1500mah 3s
Eflite park 480 1020kv motor
Got a 8/6 prop

Is this too much motor or not enough prop or what?
I was using a hobbyking 2200kv motor and its a lot smaller than the elite motor but with a 7/6 it was super slow and underpowered
Jan 14, 2018, 02:05 PM
Registered User
Hi guys I’ve been away from the hobby awhile and am building this one now. Can anyone tell me if an out runner 2204 with hk digital micro 10 gram servos would be good for this one? Also recommended props would be appreciated. Thanks very much
Jan 22, 2020, 11:52 AM
sportflyer

tiled plans paper size


Came across this build thread and I am interested in building this Ultimate Plane. Can I assume that the tiled plans are to be printed on A4 paper ? Tks
Jan 22, 2020, 09:19 PM
rab
rab
Muddle on
rab's Avatar
The file I downloaded was for 8.5 by 11.

- Allen
Jan 23, 2020, 01:08 AM
sportflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rab
The file I downloaded was for 8.5 by 11.

- Allen
I downloaded the tiled plans from page 1 of this thread but not sure whether its for letter or A4 paper. From the description of the OP I inferred it was for A4

Not sure how to determine before I print the 20 pages.
Jan 23, 2020, 03:37 AM
Suspended Account
Letter is a full size plan, your printer will 'spilt it up to A4 sheets.

Now depending upon your printer and custom settings, there maybe no overlap, this make putting the sheets together very difficult as when printed, the ink doesn't go to the edge, usually about 5mm in from the edge.

Tiled versions are usually already thought out for this and have plenty of overlap. But not always, depends on the Designers printer and settings.

Personally i prefer to print from 'Letter' or full size, and make sure my printer settings make an overlap of 6mm in every A4 sheet. This makes for a very accurate fuss free alignment of your sheets.
Jan 23, 2020, 07:55 PM
sportflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Brewer
Letter is a full size plan, your printer will 'spilt it up to A4 sheets.

Now depending upon your printer and custom settings, there maybe no overlap, this make putting the sheets together very difficult as when printed, the ink doesn't go to the edge, usually about 5mm in from the edge.

Tiled versions are usually already thought out for this and have plenty of overlap. But not always, depends on the Designers printer and settings.

Personally i prefer to print from 'Letter' or full size, and make sure my printer settings make an overlap of 6mm in every A4 sheet. This makes for a very accurate fuss free alignment of your sheets.
So I should print the tile sheets with printer set on actual size and use A4 paper? I think I should print a few sheets to check out alignment before printing the entire 20 pages.

New input : I decided to print 5 pages on 8 1/2 x 11 paper since those were in the printer already.There was plenty of overlap (about 25mm) .So letter size paper is fine.
Last edited by sportflyer; Jan 23, 2020 at 09:28 PM. Reason: new inputs
Jan 24, 2020, 10:16 AM
sportflyer

How much strengthening with CF needed for wings etc?


Are you folks adding CF strips or tubes along the wings and the inter wing struts and hor. stab for stiffness? If so what size? Tks
Aug 02, 2020, 12:54 PM
Registered User
Hello everyone I just became a member and I am going to build my first ever RC plane. I was wondering how do I read these plans?
Aug 03, 2020, 03:39 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Timbo383's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDuggan
Hello everyone I just became a member and I am going to build my first ever RC plane. I was wondering how do I read these plans?
First question for me to ask you is: Are you currently flying rtf planes and have the experience to fly this one.
Second question is: how do you mean, how to read these plans, what do you not understand about them?
Aug 07, 2020, 06:30 PM
Build, crash...repeat
AleRRon's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDuggan
Hello everyone I just became a member and I am going to build my first ever RC plane. I was wondering how do I read these plans?
Uhhhh
I donít mean to deflate your aspirations, but if youíve never built one before this may not be a great first scratchbuild. You can probably get it done, but there are easier ones to learn from

Also, are you already a 3D flier? Because if not, this is not the first plane you want to build and fly. If you are, then no doubt you can handle it!

I donít want to discourage you, only want to help you have a good experience. There are many easy to build and easy to fly scratch builds.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Ultimate Indoor 3D UniversalRC Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 765 Mar 07, 2006 04:53 PM
Question 3D parkflyer plans denysy Parkflyers 11 Dec 08, 2003 03:27 PM
Good sym airfoil for a 3d parkflyer? W Cole Parkflyers 2 Jun 13, 2003 01:02 AM
More 3D Parkflyer Videos Tim H. Parkflyers 8 Jun 11, 2003 01:46 AM
Plans\Pics - Bristol Beaufort JonM Scale Kit/Scratch Built 2 Dec 09, 2002 12:37 PM