Oct 17, 2006, 09:59 AM
Flashmeister Aviation Inc
Thread OP
Yep, its basically designed to be an easy to fly parky capabale of doing 3D when you want to blast the cobwebs away. On low rates its very stable and can fly very slowly and can turn on a dime with its big rudder to help get the back end around. Flick the rates up it'll blow yer average parky into the weeds. Being EPP means its virtually indestructable even with my numpty fingers on the stix

Thanks for the compliments dude ...the video is the flying highlights ...u should see the outtakes
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2006, 10:52 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

Just Right

The plane you describe is exactly what I've been looking for in a Bipe / and a Parkflyer. I continued to spackle the parts last night. I spackled the rest of the fuse ...ie both sides, the top and turtledeck. While it was still wet, I put it on the scale and it went from 1.5 oz. to just under 2.5 oz. So all that light spackle I added, before I even sanded off all the excess added less than 1 oz. to the fuselage. It will be interesting to see how much it weighs when I've sanded it smooth.

P.S. Lets see the out-takes as well. LOL..

Cheers to you

Bo
Oct 17, 2006, 12:01 PM
Thread OP
Bo, Cant wait to see if this spackle will work, it dosnt look like the weights going to be to much so far .

Ill try and dig the ooops video out for ya !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dflyindan

you got any close ups of the canopy part mate?

dan
Here ya go Dan, hope this helps, If you look very closely you can see the little dots on the front of the canopy (this is the grippy part of the Dettol Bottle ). Just trim it to fit , no heating / moulding / forming required
Oct 17, 2006, 03:26 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
I'm amazed!
Very ingenius, eh eh.
i'm going to try to build one too.

Congratulations on the plane building, it really looks cool.
Oct 17, 2006, 05:24 PM
Victoria Super Mortem

EPP Rules on this

Thanks IceWind. Mr. Flash gets the credit on this one. Steve at Slofly is probably digging it as it means that I will have to buy more EPP soon. LOL..

I'm going to the International Hobby Expo starting tommorow afternoon. It's in Chicago and I'm really looking forward to a few days off from work and a few days surrounded by no....immersed in ....the rc hobby. I guess it's a pretty big deal, it does say "international" so it's bound to have lots of cool stuff.
Unfortunately I love building as much as almost anything, so even though I'll be up in Chicago, I'll be missing out on building the Bipe and the Blue Albacorde and the Superfast Superfly I'm working on. Anyway... I'll take pictures and post the ones that are tastefull enough to show...LOL..

Bo
Oct 18, 2006, 08:32 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Icewind, its a really straightforward build but Ive got some build pictures I can post if you get stuck.

Cheers for that Bo !, Steves been a big help with the EPP and generally setting me off on this thing so I hope some traffic and potential customers head over to Slofly (www.slofly.com ) and have a look around and see what he's got to offer when they d/l the freeby plans

Would be great to see the Chicago Expo pics Bo, tasteful or otherwise
Oct 18, 2006, 09:00 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

Not Sure

I'm not sure if we'll get to take pictures inside the expo, but we'll try. After packing last night, I weighed the fueselage with all the spackle on it after it dried. the drying process took off .5 oz. it was back to just over 2 oz. After sanding, it went to back under 2 oz. We'll see.

Bo
Oct 18, 2006, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Weight seems right on course dude !

Heres a couple more vids as promised, , Ultimate on-board camera and erm....ooops

On Board

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hmentid=951931

Crashes Galore

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hmentid=941392
Oct 18, 2006, 10:22 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

Man of Honor

Mr. Flash,
You are a man of honor and humility which are both good things. It takes a big person to laugh at themselves and show others their "learning curves"... It re-inforces the fact that I need to have this plane in my stable because I've done all that and more.. thanks for both videos.

Bo
Last edited by UBILDIT; Oct 18, 2006 at 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot to say
Oct 19, 2006, 04:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UBILDIT
.. thanks for both videos.

Bo
No probs Bo, glad to show the "other" side of my flying.

Yup this aeros great for when things dont quite go as planned The little Ulti is still as good as new with only a few grass marks as evidence of a fun days flying...try that with depron
Oct 19, 2006, 06:02 AM
Crash Master
Love the 'out takes' video
Oct 19, 2006, 06:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Love the 'out takes' video
Cheers Gene, you wouldnt beleive how much practice it takes to get that bad ..

the impacts are even worse if you turn the sound up (had to bleep the ones were I flew into the missus on camera )
Oct 23, 2006, 04:15 PM
Victoria Super Mortem

Back in Saddle

O.K. Back in the saddle after the Chicago show. Blog has pictures and highlights of the trip. Check the reply too. I posted more pictures there. Found a great motor for this Bipe. Going to mount it tonight, so I can contiue the construction. Before leaving for the airport last week, I covered the right side of the fuselage and it looks great. I'll take some pictures tonight. Both top and bottom wings are ready to be sanded and covered. should finish this up before the end of the week.

Bo
Oct 24, 2006, 01:00 AM
Thread OP
Nice blog pics for the show, I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop, cheers for those Bo,

Are you going for a Dualsky in the bipe ..or is it secret ??
Oct 24, 2006, 07:36 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

Motor Selection

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I was a Big boy in toyland that's for sure. Unfortunately I did not buy a Dualsky motor while at the show. I did purchase 2 E-Max motors for testing. It seems that Dr. Kiwi has done some testing on these motors and last night I found out that some of his findings were certainly true. I put the reccommended 10x4.7 prop on the 2210/30 motor and it got so hot just at low rpm's, I could not hold on to it. It did great with a 6 and a 7 inch prop and never even got warm. It would probably be good with an 8 inch but not more than that.
I weighed several outrunner motors that I was not using at this time and the best one for power to weight was a Park 450 outrunner. It's the 920kv motor and weighs a little over 2 oz. I got a new extreme flight torque outrunner from Imopar69, but I'm not sure what its specs are. It's coming along though...despite the motor delay.

bo

Quick Reply