Feb 11, 2007, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatManDEW
You can have my MacroRex when you pull my cold dead fingers off it

But seriously - If I don't get it on an airplane soon I might consider it. I'm not sure how to mount the thing.

Where can I find info on the Jerry Blake and Strong mounts?
What size bearing tube does the MacroRex have? Jerry could make one for any size you need - see photo of ones he made for me: [email protected] I hope that still finds him.

If it is 8mm then the various mounts available from SloFly are great.
http://slofly.com/cart/index.php?cPa...72262d3adeecd6
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
FASST flyer
Thanks for the motor mount info!

The MacroRex doesn't have a bearing tube sticking out the back. I've seen pictures where it looked like they've mounted it on three carbon rods.
Feb 11, 2007, 12:42 PM
You could make a ply mount screwed and glued to the end of a mount stick, much like the one I made for the E-flite 250 (Post #125)
Feb 11, 2007, 01:36 PM
The mounts I've seen with three carbon rods used threaded clevis holders on the ends of the rods to hold nuts that sandwiched the mount.
Feb 12, 2007, 05:48 PM
GIMMIE FOAM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatManDEW
I have a Hacker A20 that just plain would not run proprly with three different Phoenix 25's, and every imginable ESC setting. The Hacker made nasty sounds. I finally gave up and got a Hacker X20 ESC and the A20 purrs like a kitten

I'm running my 250 with a Phoenix 10 with no problems.

A bit off topic but i want to toss my two in...I have SEEN TWO Px 85s burn up when conected to a Haker...then a Hacker controler hooked up and no problem....May be something with Hackers...I do also know Castle bought up a whole bunch of Hackers to test.

Chris
Feb 13, 2007, 12:38 PM
Hey i just finished my Baby Bipe! It's from the Echelon 28 plans with a little f3a modification!

Park 250 w/ 7*3.5 hd
CC T-bird 9 (lightened)
Microstamp 4 w/ shortend antenna
(3) s60 servos
2s 300mah 20C PQ
comes in at an AUW of 140g

As soon as i can find my camera i post some pics!
Feb 22, 2007, 08:31 AM
Senior to who? Member
Got a few flights in on my 40" F3A the other evening and I am SO impressed even after using this motor for a while.
At something OVER 180g on 2s460 the Park 250 hasSTILL got some punch out of a hover and what I see is that the original 15c rating for these cells is why the hover goes mushy when it does. I think 20/30c cells would let a 200g plane hover with the 250 for at least half the pack
Feb 23, 2007, 08:23 PM
how many winds are in the park 250? i know the winds in the 2203's but not the park! Are all 18g and below have a high #'s of turns or are they using 2 strands or they're just lowering the awg's?
Feb 27, 2007, 09:00 AM
Begin with end in mind...
Does anyone know the O.D. Dimension of the bearing tube??

Thanks

Mike
Feb 27, 2007, 09:28 AM
My Cyclon Nano also has the bearing tube out the back. I went to walmart and got a carbon arrow shaft. Cut a short 4" long section off of it, slid the bearing tube into the end of the carbon arrow shaft. Hit it with some thin ca (careful not to get it into the bearings) and then glued the carbon arrow shaft into the fuselage.

Makes a perfect lightweight motor mount, and its extremely durable.
Feb 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
2^p - 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by power
Does anyone know the O.D. Dimension of the bearing tube??

Thanks

Mike

Post #81 crossup stated a 5.5mm OD.
-Scott
Mar 01, 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by signflyer
-Scott
No - the Cyclon Nano has a 6.4mm (~1/4") O.D. tube, the E-flite 250 has a 5.92mm O.D. tube, and the Microdan 2003/F3P has, thankfully, an 8.0mm O.D.tube.
Mar 01, 2007, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi
No - the Cyclon Nano has a 6.4mm (~1/4") O.D. tube, the E-flite 250 has a 5.92mm O.D. tube, and the Microdan 2003/F3P has, thankfully, an 8.0mm O.D.tube.

Thanks the reason I am asking is.... I do not like the mount it comes with. I have one on the way and I wanted to make my own design. I have been using the carbon rod and Blenderm mounting method on my light foamies for years. and IMO it is still the lightest/best way.

Here are the details...

Simple 7/16 dia aluminum ring, 5.92mm hole thru center, (2) .062 holes 180 deg apart, for carbon rods. 4-40 tapped hole thru, for retaining the ring to the motor tube. Only one screw is needed for best holding this allows for more tube surface contact area, as well as better alignment. The other hole can be used when if the first hole gets stripped for some reason A couple of drops of CA on the carbon rods and you are ready to roll. If you smack it, just toss it in some acetone for an hour and pop out the carbon. Honestly, I feel the press fit would hold. I do not know what the mount weighs, but I do know it does not register on my scale (see pic) so it's "free" in my book

This is a very simple part to make, Eflite should start popping these out, I know they will work

Mike
Mar 01, 2007, 10:32 PM
Senior to who? Member
YUP, those calipers are now pretzel shaped!!!! danged thing was mis-manufactured and I never noticed even though I used it on and off for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signflyer
-Scott
Mar 08, 2007, 09:53 PM
I got my motor today.......My new mount works perfectly

I was surprised at the size, it's very small.

Mike

Quick Reply