Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:15 PM
Find More Posts by crashsiegel
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Discussion

Pay attention when plugging things in!

Sigh! Was finishing off the new plane (WM Sky Raider Mach 1 e-conversion) for the event this weekend when I discovered the radio wasn't working! Was earlier when I had the rx pack plugged in to set the servos - didn't hook motor pack up during this for safety reasons. Unplugged UBEC, plugged in rx pack (old bench only pack) and it worked ok.
Tested UBEC -.23V output. Yup, MINUS 0.23V output.
Yes, Mr. Dumb Thumbs hooked up the UBEC to the motor pack connector BACKWARDS. UBEC appears DECEASED.
Sigh!
New one on order - will not be here for days though.
Sigh!
Crash
P.S. I dug out all my >OLD< NiCD rx packs - haven't used any in years, all aircraft have BEC in the controller... Not one is usable for flight - tested on my Orbit V6.3.
P.P.S. Wife just wondered thru, asking what all the noise was about. I explained. She SUGGESTED I go to one of the LHS's tomorrow at lunch and get a rx pack, take a charger to work and start charging it there, and finish the plane tomorrow night. Might work.
P.P.P.S. I think I'll keep her.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2006, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by fhhuber506771
Deletedfor proving Nauga wrong
That woman got a sister?
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by crashsiegel
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
5 of them and 3 brothers. Wife is #8 of 9. All are teachers, business people or military.
Sister #4 and #9 live in Texas. #4(business woman) is meaner than a rattlesnake and #9 (RN) is a real sweet heart, married to a 6'8" guy who likes guns the way I like airplanes - Can't have enough of them!
The rest live in Thailand. One sister is a Thai Air Force colonel - nice but TOUGH woman. And she drives like a homicidal maniac - on the WRONG side of the road!
Sorry, guy, you're out of luck here.
Crash
P.S. Wife loaned me a bag to carry my power supply, charge to work in so I can charge the pack in the afternoon.