Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 25, 2006, 11:04 PM
Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Discussion

Servo Operated DPDT Toggle Switch for Motor Reversing

If your speed control has no reverse feature, you can reverse motor battery polarity with a heavy duty double pole double throw toggle switch actuated by a servo with a pushrod though a hole in the handle using a servo saver
( two wheel collars and two springs with the toggle handle in the middle). The spring makes servo throw non-critical and prevents binding.The attached diagram shows how to wire the switch terminals, and input output wiring

Use a heavy duty truck type dpdt toggle switch with plastic handle rated for 10 amps and a standard servo.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:15 AM
Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Taking care of the pond.
Like this? I use it for my homemade winch.

Don M.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:23 PM
Find More Posts by E-Challenged

Good Ideas!

Some good ideas, I forgot how to wire a polarity reversing switch, found how-to info on a website. Ace R/C used to sell tapered egg-shaped cam things with set screws that fit on a servo operated pushrod. I used three of them to actuate microswitches to turn on/off three separate lighting circuits sequentially. I guess you could grind wheel collars or glue egg sinkers onto the pushrod in the right positions to do the same thing. A servo arm can push one or two microswitch buttons or arms in a compact installation. Boats seem to encourage ingenuity. Maybe somebody could set up a "sticky" on this forum ideas like this. Other ideas are motor and other sound systems, smoke systems. I made a little portable TV set with a GOW bulb inside and a piece of color slide film for a picture.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:01 AM
Find More Posts by jackcharon
Does your DTDP switch have a central [neutral] position? If not the winch would either always be going up or down unless you had another switch in the system?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 12:30 AM
Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Taking care of the pond.
The DTDP switch I have is self centering.