Sep 25, 2006, 08:08 PM
what makes that thing go
Thread OP
Cool

Saw these guys today after lunch, and first 3m maiden yesterday

hey there hi there

About this time last year large flocks of these guys came threw our area, I think their Turkey Vultures? maybe, I'm pretty sure there not chickens at least.

Either way this is actualy a pretty small group compaired to what I have seen previously, there was a day last fall when I got to see 2 sizable groups of easily 50 each riding 2 seperate thermal plumes some of the birds were down to maybe 400' with a others easily up to 2000'. I'm keeping my fingures crossed I can catch some pictures of something of this magnitude again here.

I'm hoping to add more pics in the next few days, sorry the resolution was way down on my camera.

I maidened my first 3m sunday at 60 acres in the Seattle area , all went well I worked out a few trim problems in the differental setup I had, and got some good tips from some seasoned pilots. Flying this machine wasn't nearly as scary as I had it figured to be, it was actualy pretty comfortable.

Take care, Ploof
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2006, 11:48 PM
Will fly for food
When you have a superior what else would you need? Oh yeh a perfect. Enjoy the ship.
Sep 26, 2006, 09:05 AM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Nice looking plane.

What kind of birds are those? You say Turkey Vultures! Wow, that is a much larger group of them than we ever see in Indiana (although they are common to see, just not that many riding the same thermal).

Good to see pictures of 60 acres again. I love that field.

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Sep 26, 2006, 10:12 AM
The Junk Man
I am not sure what bird that solo guy was, appears to be a raptor of some sort, but he ain't a turkey buzzard.

We have turkey buzzards by the thousands herein Florida, a daily sight just about anywhere you look. They are actually supposed to be fairly rare in the Pacific Northwest, although they have been seen there.

Graceful birds.

Tom
Sep 26, 2006, 05:18 PM
what makes that thing go
Thread OP
hey there guys

This time of year there is a pretty sizable migratory flow threw this area, the loan bird in that picture was deffinitly something along the lines of a Turkey Buzzard the head was bare, I just didn't manage a detailed enough shot, that bird just flew a slow steady line across the horizon, While growing up in Minneasota we had several Turkey buzzards that would summer.

I've seen a few more today I'm hoping to spot some while I'm headed to the dentist in about an hour here, fingures crossed.

I figure it will be a while till a Perfect comes this way, I'm realy excited about getting this Electro fuse, I'm still not postive what type of powertrain I'll use, the key word is light.

Take care, Ploof

Quick Reply