Sep 24, 2006, 06:12 PM
E-flight nut
Thread OP
Discussion

Does anyone know how to mod a JR Century 7 tx for shift selection? (or htec feath.rx)

I have a nice JR Century 7 radio, but I have a negative-shift receiver and can't afford a positive shift receiver yet.

Would anyone know how to modify the innards of the JR transmitter to allow me to select positive or negative shift?

Or, does anyone know how to modify a hitec feather receiver to allow shift selection ( or to change from negative to positive)?

Thanks!
Last edited by the#1; Sep 24, 2006 at 06:20 PM. Reason: addition
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2006, 06:37 PM
What IF Decoder chip are they using in the Hitec ? Search for it on the web and you can get the pdf usually quite easily.

Look at how it works and see how its wired in. You may be able use an unused inverter within the chip.
Sep 26, 2006, 04:38 PM
E-flight nut
Thread OP
Well, on the bottom of the board is a 'MC3361BD / XAB023' while on the top there is a 'IW4015BD'

I tried googling them with no acceptable results.
I could post good macro photos of the board, if anyone is interested.

I'll probably just sell this one and buy the right shift, but I wanted to see if the conversion was possible. I now realize it's not legal to modify the transmitter, so the receiver is my only chance to get my FM radio working!
Sep 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
S.A.D. member
Is it worth modifying a limited range receiver like the Feather when you can get a full range autoshift one like the Micro 05S for only $29.99 (and use the crystal from the Feather)? IMO not worth it.

Ivan
Dec 12, 2018, 08:10 PM

Module to convert old Century 7 or Galaxy 8 to .24?

I have both of these and would love to find a module that will convert to the new .24. All the vendors I contacted say their module for JR don't show these on their compatible Tx list. I would fly them with my old modules but I can't find any micro or mini JR or compatible Rx's for my park flyers on the old frequencies. Either solution would work for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Dec 12, 2018, 08:33 PM
I have Spektrum DM9 modules in my Century 7s.

They work great!

Andy
Dec 12, 2018, 09:03 PM
Marion
I have owned a few Feather receivers, and strongly discourage using them. You will be much better off with almost any other receiver. Sorry to be negative, but am hoping to save you some grief.

Marion
Dec 16, 2018, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I have Spektrum DM9 modules in my Century 7s.

They work great!

Andy
Let's see - that tx would be what, over 30 years old?
I got some of the first ones brought in by Circus Hobbies - D onnie Weitz showed up with the first on 35 and we flew it along with a wretched engine they imported , a Webra with a slide valve carb which fell apart in the air
Ah the good old days
ACH!
Last edited by richard hanson; Dec 16, 2018 at 02:43 PM.
Dec 16, 2018, 02:43 PM
No, unfortunately.

Andy
Dec 30, 2018, 12:02 AM
AndyKunz: Spektrum DM9. Got it! Thanks for the tip. I'll start looking for one.

Richard Hansen: I bought mine in the early 80's so 30+ years is about right. Both my Galaxy and Century 7 are Circus Hobbies before they discontinued them and sold to Horizon Hobby I think. I love the way the square back boxes let me hang on to them with just behind the tips of my forefinger allowing my thumbs to have better control. Its just the way I learned to fly and have problems with the humpback boxes.

Quick Reply