Leave me alone!
Thread OP
... another. I'll build up to the best pics

Martin
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2002, 06:02 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
... another. In case you're wondering, the airborne pics weren't anything special.
Aug 18, 2002, 06:03 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
... and now into my 3 favorite pics of the day. Here's the 2nd runner up.
Aug 18, 2002, 06:04 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
... first runner up
Aug 18, 2002, 06:05 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Ta da! The grand prize winner. That's all for now! I'll post links to the videos as soon as they're up

Martin
Aug 18, 2002, 09:36 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
OK, the videos are up and you can get them at the following links:

Cessna 180 ROW'ing

Cessna landing

Cessna doing a touch and go

Cessna doing touch and go, glitch after "go"

Let me know what you think

Martin
Aug 18, 2002, 10:27 PM
< 250g FPV
Thanks for posting the movies and pictures. Are you using the Azzar antenna on a JR 610M rx?

It looks like it is faster than the moth but slower than speed 400...perfect!
Aug 18, 2002, 10:32 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Yes, I'm using the azarr M72G on my 610 receiver. For the most part, it's been working flawlessly.

I do really like the speed. In a 2 or 3 knot wind, you can slow her right down, and she looks SCALE!

Martin
Aug 18, 2002, 10:42 PM
Dreamer:
Good save after the glitch! Wouldn't want you to prang that plane before we get to see it at Chilliwack. I sure miss the stark beauty of the Kamloops area. I ran a small business there for 6 or 7 years, with the intention of moving there to live, but Murphy intervened, and it never happened.
Brad.
Aug 19, 2002, 11:44 AM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Martin:

I've spent a good part of last week's vacation flying with Manta floats on my DuskStik. Your C-180 photos are just too much for me to resist. I've got to have one.

Have you done anything special in the area of waterproofing?
Have you primed the airframe or sealed any openings?

David
Aug 19, 2002, 02:36 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by fliir
Martin:

I've spent a good part of last week's vacation flying with Manta floats on my DuskStik. Your C-180 photos are just too much for me to resist. I've got to have one.

Have you done anything special in the area of waterproofing?
Have you primed the airframe or sealed any openings?

David
David, you have to post pictures of your Duskstik on floats! I don't think anyone on ezone's seen that yet.

I haven't done any special waterproofing. Indeed, even my scale struts are just bare balsa painted with testors model paint. I'll be clear coating those.

The bottom of the fuselage doesn't hardly get wet except if you're flying in a chop, in which case it's only a drop or two of water. I don't really see the need to water proof the wood inside, as there's virtually no openings along the belly anyway. I'll keep a close eye on the wood inside for signs of saturation or warping, but it looks pristine now.

Martin
Aug 19, 2002, 03:34 PM
Closed Account

Another 180

Hi Martin -

Here's something to feed your obsession with 180s:

In the May 2000 issue of Flying Models magazine is an article about a 44" span rubber powered free-flight 180 made by Enrique Amaya. It's quite incredible and one of the best examples of how far one can go with a light weight, relatively small scale model.

BTW, its got floats. Yours is beautiful; I love it.

Ron
Aug 19, 2002, 04:11 PM
Leave me alone!
Thread OP
I checked out the Flying Models website... I assume that's a pic of the plane on the May 2000 cover? Does anyone that's coming to Chilliwack have a copy of that they could bring along? I'd appreciate it

Martin
Aug 20, 2002, 11:43 AM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
The DuskStik Polyhedral wing is unsuited to anything except calm conditions. If the plane gets sideways to the wind, the wind picks up the wingtip and upends the airplane.

I did take a couple of digital photos last week. I will post a thread in Parkflyers when I can get to it (tonight or Wednesday).

Let's see now: DuskStik...DarkStik...FloatStik???

David
Aug 21, 2002, 06:20 AM

MM Cessna 180

Hello Dreamer

Fantastic job on your C-180. When I read about your MM C-180, I bought one right away.
I am planning to fit my C-180 with all the scale details that I can come up with and will of cause "borough" some of your details.

Which prop are you using ??? - It looks super on that plane.

The Cessna 180 is a great looking plane. I have a nearly completet Cessna 180 which is nearly 200 cm. in wingspan also for e-motor. So I just had to have the kit-brother.

Quick Reply