UV lense filters? (where to get for cheap) - RC Groups
Sep 16, 2006, 09:46 PM
Registered Lurker
Discussion

UV lense filters? (where to get for cheap)

Before I go plow another camera into the mud and dirt, I thought it would be good to put a nice "replacable" UV lense on front. I'm likely going to mount it with a PVC tube, or estes model rocket tube (or papertowel roll), so it doesn't have to be camera specific.

Where can I get UV filters (or other filters, since I'm game to try things) for cheap?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2006, 10:17 PM
All posts Copyright '07
Your local camera shop. I know the answer sounds flip, but my experience in Abq is that the last of the "real" camera shops still stock a large selection of filters. "Digital killed the camera store.." would be a great new song by the Buggles. At least here, the LCS competes in service, knowledge, and better selection.
Sep 17, 2006, 02:17 AM
I had to buy from ebay.
Sep 17, 2006, 04:45 AM
K4UAV
I've gotten them from amazon for $14 w/ free shipping.
-dave
Sep 17, 2006, 05:51 AM
You can still buy them for cheap locally, there's still a market for them on video cameras. Any decent store that carries video cameras also carries the filters.
..a
Sep 17, 2006, 11:06 AM
best buy sells them in there camera department

Quick Reply