HZ Super Cub ACT Wiring Question - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
Question

HZ Super Cub ACT Wiring Question

Greetings all,

After a 40 year break from RC planes I saw an ad for the Hobby Zone Super Cub RTF and decided to give it a try. I've had it for about a month now and I'm having a ball. I initially flew it with the Anti Crash Technology (ACT) turned on and I'm of the opinion that it saved my bacon in a few instances. I have progressed now to the point where I don't need it and I've moved the rudder & elevator pushrods in to the second hole in order to get some more extreme control ability.

A week ago I was flying it and the motor quit suddenly and the plane spiraled down to the grass, out of control. Luckily it went down in a slow flat spin so there was no damage. When I walked over to it both rudder & elevator were at full extremes and there was an electrical burning smell around the plane. I disconnected & reconnected the battery and the controls were operational again but the motor was dead. After some diagnosis I decided that the motor controller in the receiver had failed.

I now have a new receiver and the plane is up and working again. One thing I still need to know is how to connect the ACT leads to the receiver - in case I ever need to use it again, perhaps to let someone else give it a go.

Here's my question - looking from the rear of the plane, which way do the ACT leads connect to the receiver - does the lead going to the upper photocell go on the right or the left? Also, for each lead which way does the red lead go - to the right or the left? The receiver connectors are completely unmarked and the leads can go on either way so it would be quite a guessing game to get it right and I don't want to screw up my new reciever playing around with it.

Any help would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply