Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Sep 15, 2006, 07:29 AM
Find More Posts by jettvolks
Victory is mine! BLAST!!!
Discussion

4 in 1 and separates weight question.....

So after learning on my blade cp pro for a month or so now I have officially been addicted. I purchased 2 more heli. One is just a no name parts unit that I got for super cheap. The second one I bought is one of the honeybee cp2's. I hovered the cp2 last night and actually was more comfortable with it than my blade and this was my first flight with this unit.

Question I have is does anyone know the weight difference in the e-sky 4 in 1 and the e-flite separate reciever and 3 in 1? I am debating on using the e-flight electronics since I like the looks of them better than the e-sky pieces. I have a digital scale but just curious if anyone has the numbers before I start swapping electronics. I also have a heading hold gyro and cannot use the remote adjustment on the e-sky 4 in 1 where I can on the e-flight separates.

Any one weighed these units out there?
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2006, 08:17 AM
Find More Posts by JustPlaneChris
I didn't actually weigh my E-sky 4-in-1 before I started taking it apart. It's now a 3-in-1, and I run a separate receiver. I also have an E-Flite 3-in-1 in my other Honey Bee (FP). They should weigh the same since they are virtually the same, right down to the components on the circuit board. There might be a few grams difference in the plastic case(s), but that's it. Incidentally, I use a heading hold gyro with my E-sky 3-in-1. Works fine.

Enjoy your CP2. They are fun little birds, eh?

-Chris
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by HoverDown3K
Vampyre Inc
I have gone the other way, I used to use all seperates on my micros, but now I like the neatness of the all in one type boards.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
Find More Posts by Gonwee
Heli Noob
The 3-in-1 and reciever will weight a few grams more, it has full casing on both the 3-in-1 and the reciever, and has the two leads going to the reciever which add some weight to.

I don't think it would be a noticable weight in flight though.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by jettvolks
Victory is mine! BLAST!!!
I knew chris would speak up on this since he is so helpful to the newbies.

Kinda figured the separates would weigh a little more due to the casing around the entire unit of each piece versus the single 4 in 1 unit being one single case. I just wish there was a 5th channel slot on the e-sky 4 in 1 to use the remote adjust option for the hh gyro.

I also like the idea of the seprates in case something should burn out then you only have to change the bad item. I do like the look of the 4 in 1 being in one case just don't like the idea if something were to happen.