This thread is privately moderated by Kev71H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2015, 09:01 AM
Thread OP
Who? Me? I don't have alloy rims.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2015, 09:21 AM
Ok. The cloudy day made your carbon spokes look like alloy.
May 24, 2015, 09:38 PM
Query.

The meet at world superbikes at Laguna Seca is too early for me to do on the way to Spain.

If we come back via San Francisco, one of our options, will anything be happening early September. I don't mind the drive from San Fran to San Jose although it is a while since we have done it.

Cheers
Peter
May 24, 2015, 09:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro51 View Post
Query.

The meet at world superbikes at Laguna Seca is too early for me to do on the way to Spain.

If we come back via San Francisco, one of our options, will anything be happening early September. I don't mind the drive from San Fran to San Jose although it is a while since we have done it.

Cheers
Peter
Maybe we can make something happen? Maybe at the new 1/5 scale track!!??
Jun 05, 2015, 09:54 AM
TZR250 #65 Yamaha Past Masters
Are there any plans for more web casts?? Enjoyed watching them over the last few days whilst I've been away on business
Jun 05, 2015, 11:02 AM
Thread OP
Yes, we have recently been talking about this.
PLease subscribe to this thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=hangouts
and when we record it, we will post it there.

Thanks for asking! We hope you guys like them. So far its been very well received. We will try to keep it to 30 mins or so.

They will always be posted on the front page of www.RCMCConline.com too.

Kevin
RCMCC
Jun 05, 2015, 01:35 PM
TZR250 #65 Yamaha Past Masters
Thanks for the link Kevin, and I have subscribed to your YouTube channel

Look forward to more updates soon
Jun 12, 2015, 06:52 PM
Thread OP
A COUNTDOWN CLOCK to the 2015 USA Nationals has been put on the front page of www.RCMCConline.com

Edit:
Update... This race was changed .

This race is now called the SoCal MOTO Challenge.

Still same date.

There will be ONE class:
SUPERBIKE

Details on the count down to the race on front page of www.RCMCConline.com
Last edited by Kev71H; Jun 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Renamed the SoCal MOTO Challenge
Jun 14, 2015, 03:47 PM
DLAWW
I talked to Victor today and he wants an estimated count of how many people will be attending the National race in October. Victor has to plan for numbers and we need to give him a list, so everyone out there can you post please. Please post your name and what class your entering, hopefully we will be running two classes again Super bike and Stock. Also if your not from California or from oversees and you intend to make the Nat's (Oct 23-25 2015) please post also.
Jun 14, 2015, 03:47 PM
DLAWW

2015 USA RC BIKE NATIONALS - los angeles, CA

ENTRIES:

1. Dwayne Lawler Super Bike & Stock
Jun 16, 2015, 10:20 AM
Please see the post below for an important update to the October race:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=32
Jun 16, 2015, 11:21 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Please see the post below for an important update to the October race:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=32
FYI on participants so far:

1. Dwayne Lawler Super Bike & Stock
2. Kevin Hicks super bike and 17.5 stock
3. Lito Reyes Super Bike & Stock
4. Wyatt Sadler Super Bike and Stock
5. Nolan Farmer Superbike and stock
6. Bruce Slawson Superbike and stock
7. Ian F. One class for sure
8. Matt S. One class for sure.
9. Larry Dy Supebike and 17.5
Jun 17, 2015, 06:56 PM
Thread OP

2015 USA RC BIKE NATIONALS, Fremont, CA

UPDATED NEWS:

We will now have our 2015 USA RC BIKE NATIONALS in Fremont, CA.
Date to be announced NEXT WEEK.

THERE WILL STILL be THE race at GLARC. Now called the SoCal MOTO Challenge!!

Nothing has changed for the SoCal MOTO Challenge (Los Angeles) race other than this:

There will be one awesome class:

CLASS: SUPERBIKE unlimited. (including nitro) (2015 West Coast RC bike rules apply) * Attached.
Last edited by Kev71H; Jun 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM.
Jul 02, 2015, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
RCMCC members:
If you have not subscribed to the SOCAL Riders thread... feel free to do so. Location here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...377911&page=90

Wyatt posts some of the most entertaining play by play RC BIKE experiences that meet or even exceed some VERY popular RC BIKE Talent found on RCGROUPS.

Here is his latest post:
Another fine day of racing…….

or

Dwayne needs a Penn/Rapala/Shakespeare sticker on his bike cuz he just reeled me in…….

What a great day we had at the (unofficial) GLARCRC 1/5 Scale R/C Bike Regionals. Sun was high, wind was light, VHT was workin’, and most every <coughlarrycough> bike made it to the end in 2 classes.

The first stock class qualifier was, for me at least, the race of a lifetime. I had done some tweaking with the new sensored 17.5T motor (even wired it correctly (the second time)) and it purred every lap. I could only just shove a 30T pinion in the stock SB5 chassis w/o grinding, turned up the timing cowbell to 11, and the bike responded beautifully. Straightaway speed was noticeably higher than with the brushed 27T, but not so much to infringe upon the superbike realm of absurdity. Throttle response in the twisties was controllable to the point of actually being able to drive into AND out of the turns. My sensorless 6.5T setup has no finesse, it’s all or none. The new stock motor is fast even though its slower. I ran a 10-lapper to set the first TQ for the class with little/no pilot-error, think I might have even lapped the current reigning national champion. ; )

Next stock qualifier was a little more eventful. My fancy new Turnigy/Turbo/Whatever ESC has an on/off switch. Normally I just ditch those things and hardwire it ON, but in this case, there’s an endpoint-set button, and I haven’t buzzed the circuit out yet to figure which wires go where and how to jump the setting, so I left it. You might guess where this is going. Had a bad turn or three, whacked something fairly hard (I think Dwayne was the only one I didn’t hit all day) and…………. nothing, bike goes completely dead. 2 things came to mind, cheap-a$$ ESC fried or that dang switch got, well, switched. Sure enough, jumped off the drivers stand, poked around, turned the bike back on, and kept driving. Larry took top TQ that race by a good 20 seconds, and was once again proving to be one of the guys to beat. I proceeded to glue the switch ON.

I couldn’t go into the stock main without basking in at least a little glory, so I just had to give Dwayne a light/moderate bad time about qualifying third, a whole 4 seconds BEHIND me. I pointed out that was like 400 milliseconds per lap slower! He took it all in stride (of course, cuz he really is the definition of cool) and gave me one of those “alright, you just wait and see” looks. I’m not sure when/how I passed Larry in the early stages, but managed a straightaway lead over the pack pretty quick, and just tried to calm myself and keep the buttered-side up (and off the boards). My driving tends to be all or nothing, all good or nothing but boards, and realistically, most of the time boards. This race I finally felt it click. The announcer kept calling me out in the lead, and I just kept praying for the clock to speed up. No dice. I thought I saw Dwayne muck a couple turns, but somehow that dang announcer kept saying that he was gaining. Well, he was, and
fast. After what I thought was an eternity, the announcer called that the race was just 4 minutes down, 6 to go. WT???????? I’ll never survive. I kept pushing, and Dwayne somehow kept gaining, and sure enough, with like 3 minutes to go, he’s just one turn back. To add to the drama, I’ve never actually heard any of the car guys cheering, but in this case, for the next minute, it was almost constant from Victor and some of the 1/5-scale car guys as Dwayne and I changed lead multiple times with clean and classic passes/repasses. Over/under, inside/outside, outbrake/overcook, it was the most (clean) fun I’ve ever had, and I somehow owe it all to the guy that eventually beat me. I drove the crap out of my bike, and Dwayne was simply better. By the end, he had me by a few turns, but for that one moment, I was actually in the heat of it, and was finally driving well enough to really enjoy it. Good times.

Superbike was tougher, mainly because in my case, 4x the wattage equals 4x the smashage. I guess my Suzuki bodywork got the worst of it, but that’s a given. I’m kinda hard on Lexan, you know. In the 2 quals, I managed some great laps, followed by some great hang-ups. At this point, I’ve basically given up on the turn-marshalling at that venue, or at least from the class before us. How hard is it to walk 10 feet and push a bike straight? I know they weren’t singling me out because Bruce went hoarse yelling for them multiple times. Oh well. I started third or fourth in superbike, and made some good time off the bat. I’m not sure if I made it above third, but do remember chasing down Lito for the last half. He was getting closer, but I was running out of time. It was kind of personal since I was never that close, but am convinced another 3 minutes of solid running and I could have had second (once I passed The Great One). Dwayne had checked out by the end,
and I think he lapped me with 1 or 2 to go. Yuk. Lito has been lightly struggling to get his new superbike tuned, and I was hoping to take advantage, because when that thing works, it WORKS, then it slides out, then it works, then it slides out……… you get the picture. I finished 3rd thanks to Larry busting out pre-race.

Speaking of Larry, he was as deadly as ever, but suffered some of the most bizarre failures I’ve ever heard of. He was only running one set-screw in the pinion, which I think Bruce called him out on, promptly added the second one, and loses the pinion in the race. WT? Earlier he thought his front brake started to fade, turns out he wore the axle-nubs off his TT brake disc. Worked fine, just wasn’t attached to the wheel. One thing I learned is that Larry will NEVER lose his good-natured sense of humor, no matter how much his equipment lets him down. Well, he did sound a little bummed about the new DeanTech body he smashed the night before whilst test driving in the street. Hopefully he didn’t spend too much time on the paint. Note to self, don’t make r/c bike bodies out of glass.

Dwayne brought his new NF, and asked Lito if he wanted to give it a spin. Lito graciously balked, so of course I jumped right in (basically begging). Dwayne gingerly handed me the controller and one of the nicest bikes I’ll ever drive. A few rips down the practice lanes and I was in awe. The thing was absolutely glued to the ground. Turns were effortless at low, mid, and high speed. I wasn’t sure if it was the bike or Dwayne’s setup, but it did need to be “held” in the turns, and I liked it. With a setup like that, my panic mode might not be so startlingly bad. Some tank-slaps were present at times when slowing/turning, but manageable and limited. We inspected and found a little slop in the controls, and he’s still tuning the damper/spring setup, but it was obvious the green machine is a future winner. Of course, Dwayne could win with a HOR, so in essence, once he gets the new ride sorted, it’s over for us commoners.

Bruce was representing well in both classes, and we had more than a few turns together that could be described as nothing less than “classic”. We battled for the racing line more than ever before, and even had one great sprint to the finish that at one point was anyone’s game. Unfortunately for me, Bruce won this round, but it sure was fun to try.

Lito had little (like, no) time with his new stock setup, which gave me the edge I needed to keep him at bay in stock. In superbike, he continues to tweak and tune his new crotch-rocket. When it gets sorted, only Dwayne will have a chance. Besides being half of the guys to beat (maybe third if Larry can get his gremlins in order), the best part about Lito is his continued openness with expert advice. This weekend, I was truly humbled after I placed so well in stock (for me) and he singled me out after the race to quite honestly congratulated me for the victory. It was really cool that someone I’ve come to know and respect as one of the greatest thought so much of my driving improvements.

Kevin, Jimmy, Raj, Garrett, I’m calling you guys out. We had a great time, and the only thing that would have made it better would have been a few more fools dicing it up and showing those car-bros what’s really cool. Until Laguna Seca………
Jul 02, 2015, 02:17 PM
RCMCC NorCAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev71h View Post
fyi on participants so far:

1. Dwayne lawler super bike & stock
2. Kevin hicks super bike and 17.5 stock
3. Lito reyes super bike & stock
4. Wyatt sadler super bike and stock
5. Nolan farmer superbike and stock
6. Bruce slawson superbike and stock
7. Ian f. One class for sure