Jul 18, 2019, 09:27 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
Hey Rene... What are the dates for Blue Mesa this fall?

... Greg
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2019, 09:11 AM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
I would like to make that POM meeting too.
Jul 28, 2019, 10:16 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
I've blocked out the week of the 19th - 23rd on my calendar too, but with only a slight chance I'll be able to come out to POTM. We'll see.

... Greg
Jul 28, 2019, 10:19 AM
Where is POM?, I'm ready for some more fun slopeing.
Jul 28, 2019, 10:39 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
POM or POTM is Point of the Mountain. About 15 miles south of Salt Lake City in Draper, UT. Just east of I-15. It’s a 300’ high east/west facing peninsula which juts out from the otherwise mainly north/south trending Wastch (sp?) mountains. Pretty much guarantee flying wind from the south in the AM, and north side in the PM.
Jul 28, 2019, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn Flier
POM or POTM is Point of the Mountain. About 15 miles south of Salt Lake City in Draper, UT. Just east of I-15. Itís a 300í high east/west facing peninsula which juts out from the otherwise mainly north/south trending Wastch (sp?) mountains. Pretty much guarantee flying wind from the south in the AM, and north side in the PM.
Thanks! Looks like a 10 hour drive from here, not too bad, I am likely in.
Jul 28, 2019, 11:39 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
There are tons of motels nearby along with a Cabela’s and even an Ikea, but we tend to camp on the south side where there’s a pit toilet.

... Greg
Jul 28, 2019, 12:14 PM
Camping works
Jul 29, 2019, 07:35 AM
Dean

Pom

Do it! If I could I would go again!
Jul 29, 2019, 07:59 AM
Just For The Fun Of It
So Dean... Why can’t you do it again?
Jul 29, 2019, 12:05 PM
Hey D, maybe we should think about taking a week and going to the Wilson event in Kansas in early October. I know the hill is mellow but the thought of possibly kiting, mountain biking, and flying sounds pretty appealing. What do ya think?
Jul 29, 2019, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris country
Hey D, maybe we should think about taking a week and going to the Wilson event in Kansas in early October. I know the hill is mellow but the thought of possibly kiting, mountain biking, and flying sounds pretty appealing. What do ya think?
Too far in the future to plan right now but it's been on my calendar.
Jul 30, 2019, 08:04 AM
Dean
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mtn Flier
So Dean... Why canít you do it again?
I can't do overnighters any more Greg. One of my friends is trying to get me to go to Wilson and POM. Another wants to fish Blue Mesa but just can't do it.
Jul 30, 2019, 10:23 PM
FWIW, Soar Utah (the PoTM event) is only held every two years (so the rc pilots and
hg/pg pilots can have exclusive use of the mountain on alternate years during
Labor Day weekend). It was held last year so next event (assuming they keep doing it
will be next year).
Aug 01, 2019, 09:13 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
I want to go when soar Utah is not happening. That's why this year. Just to many high $ planes in the air during SU for me to feel comfortable flying my low $ planes. I'm planning on going late August too.

Quick Reply