Jul 01, 2016, 09:14 PM
aloft hobbies has D40's in stock. Shipment finally came. D60's on the way. If you want one, grab it fast, not a big shipment of planes.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2016, 10:35 PM
Are those d40's really as small as all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jul 01, 2016, 10:46 PM
40" wingspan. Yeah, small. Only 3 left according to the site.
Jul 01, 2016, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acclivity
40" wingspan. Yeah, small. Only 3 left according to the site.

If only they made D-60's that cost $100. I can't see the small stuff very well. Might as well wish for a $100 euphoria or explorer while I'm at it. Sigh.

--Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jul 03, 2016, 05:17 PM
Just For The Fun Of It
If you fly “drones” and have a “full scale” pilot’s certificate, be careful! Avweb.com reports that Ralph Rebaya, a Californian, has become the first pilot to have his private pilot certificate revoked for allegedly operating a drone illegally where the FAA feels he allegedly violated about 20 conditions of his FAA exemption for drone operation.
Jul 03, 2016, 07:40 PM
Those D40's would be fun but....they are just so damn small! I'd be all over the D60 though, I heard the two smallest ones have a different airfoil than the bigger ships for more all around performance.

I finished up my Azure DLG last week and flew it today. It is a entry level Hobby King ship but is a hell of a value for the $145 price I got it for. Way more bang for the buck than a Libelle. AUW was 11.5 ounces with beefy MKS servos (that came out of my demolished Typhoon)and 4 cell NiMH 720 cell battery pack. I could have had it come in around 10 ounces which is a fairly competitive weight but I wasn't too concerned as we get some killer thermals around these parts. Anyway, I'd forgotten how much I love DLGs for flat land flying. I made about 20 tosses today in dead air and managed to get into a couple thermals that allowed me 30 minutes of flight time. I love having to work for it after getting spoiled with so many good slope sites here!
Jul 03, 2016, 08:04 PM
So that's the 1.5m one on hobby king? Damn they are like 300 bucks there. Crazy.
Jul 04, 2016, 12:27 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Anyone flying today? I'm going over to Sunset mesa to spin around and throw up.
Jul 04, 2016, 12:48 PM
by spin around I am guessing you me DLG? no wind again eh? bummer. I think I will continue the slow work of cleaning and organizing my shed after getting loads of stuff from cliff. as well as fixing up planes and such. Have a bee that was cliff's that I stripped down to rebuild for DS, since it's an original bee.
Jul 04, 2016, 02:14 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
yes DLG. I threw it about 20 times and caught one 5 minute thermal. at least I hand caught it about half the time. Flew my quad and umx radian. The wind may get up to 10 on flat top around 4.
Jul 04, 2016, 02:34 PM
i was gonna go up there to fly a power plane, but figure it is probably too crowded. if the wind picks up i might go to flat top. I need to get the m60 flying... somehow.
Jul 05, 2016, 09:26 AM
@chris... will not have any of the crunchy ds ships by next sunday, but gotta get stuff ready for devils thumb, think I'll be climbing up there this sunday. If the forecast remains.
Jul 05, 2016, 12:19 PM
It is looking windy tomorrow through Sunday. I'm pretty much out of commision this week and won't be able to get away and am pretty bummed. My sister just arrived in town for the week not to mention my wife's sis and two of her childhood friends who need entertaining for 5 days followed by the big Brewer's Beer Festival on Saturday here in Salida. I may be able to slip out tomorrow to Blue Mesa for a combo windsurfing/sloping afternoon but that's about it.

Paul, if you get up to devil's thumb, try to figure out a swatch where we can put nice planes down. You may have to start clearing a path of rocks like I did here in Salida. I may get up to my local hill and finish off my "weakened spar" M60 for good.
Jul 05, 2016, 12:30 PM
Just remember to save the big planes for Jones Pass... (and weldon next spring) ...
Jul 05, 2016, 12:37 PM
Let me know when you are on your way to Devils Thumb. I want to see the site and I can pick rock.
Byron 2093770

Quick Reply