Colorado - The Western Slope - Page 3 - RC Groups
Sep 22, 2006, 08:37 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
I havent flown much , but would like to fly with some of you on the 7th and 8th of Octobor. My channel is 46 if we are reserving channels. My name is Rich Bailey I live in Montrose
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2006, 12:57 AM
Throw Caution to the Wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Furcolow
My dog broke the boom on my HLG--in the garage!! That just doesn't seem fair. I built it, I should get to break it. Guess it's good weather for fixin', anyway. It's been snowing here all day....
Hmm. Maybe Bust-er isn't such a good name after all...
Sep 23, 2006, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon 2
I havent flown much , but would like to fly with some of you on the 7th and 8th of Octobor. My channel is 46 if we are reserving channels. My name is Rich Bailey I live in Montrose
Yip, Rich. Welcome, of course. It's suddenly looking like we may not be flying Lands End without snowshoes. We'll see if it clears and warms up a bit by then. If not, there are plenty of other slopes down lower.

I'm gonna miss the fall colors though, if it just freezed and turns brown. Good thing I got out early for a few shots when it had just started to turn..

I do fly on 46 occasionally, so remind me to make sure it's an occasion that you're not there for.
Sep 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
I got the boom on the HLG VRod patched and repaired good as new. Just waiting for the wind to come back now. Looks good in a couple of days...
Since we're waiting for this sloping interlude (i.e., snow) to pass, we'll bore each other with fall scenery photos....
Sep 23, 2006, 11:51 PM
Just chillin @ 403 MPH
[B]DEAD Deer ,,BANG!
Sep 26, 2006, 12:23 AM
Foamy Season is here! MX2#1
guy folks have it made,, a view like like from the front porch... man........ great pics !!!!
mike
Sep 26, 2006, 02:05 AM
Whee!

Good fun flying with the Spinner this morning at Raven Ridge. Plenty dry out there already after this weekend's rain. It was fun because it was challenging. Full Slermal Jacket. Ripping, speck-ing, scratching, catching, crashing. The wind was probably good earlier, but I got there at 11:00 and hit the midday thermal switcheroo.

Only real "crash" was one landing along the rim too far away to see the rocks in the way. Spun it around and whacked the fin off. My fancy breakaway bolt system was a little too strong, I guess. Tape got me back flying and I have a quick repair to do. Talus stayed in the bag.

Weather has shaped up nicely, so my hope is restored for some Lands End action on Oct 7-8.

--Greg
Sep 26, 2006, 02:27 PM
Greg-

Glad to hear the report! I have not done much flying at all with the weather this weeked. I did take the Alula out to a nearby park and had a great time. It is a great little plane...tons of fun!!!!

I hope to be out this weekend or maybe even Friday if the weather is good

-Paul
Sep 26, 2006, 11:21 PM
POB!

Dawn. Raven Ridge. Saturday! Do you own a gun? Maybe we can force Donnie to make the hike. And to be awake by dawn.

Sunday I'm aiming for Brooster Ridge in the a.m. Donnie might show up there, since you can drive up and fly from your car seat.
Sep 27, 2006, 11:53 AM
Saturday at Dawn!!!!

Sounds like a great idea to me. I am not sure about Sunday, but I would love to try out Brooster Ridge. I am trying to finish the tile in my bath and kitchen to keep my wife happy
Sep 27, 2006, 08:01 PM
You guys are so funny. I can see how you'd want to get there early to get in more flight time, but that's just stupid. The wind doesn't start blowing until about 8:30-9:00. Gun or not I doubt serriously You'll be able to get me out there at dawn. So, Paul if Greg suckers you into getting out there at dawn, I'll hold that over both your heads with robust laughter for a long time.
LOL
Donnie
Sep 27, 2006, 11:58 PM
internet gadfly
Maybe they want to stand around in the cold until their fingers won't move to increas the challenge
Sep 28, 2006, 03:26 AM
Yip. Could be cripe. But at least we'll be out flyin'! Ya get what ya get.

Mainly, I need to fly as much as I can before work at 10:30...
Sep 28, 2006, 08:09 AM
No Plane - No Gain
Betsy and I will be out that way this weekend. We're leaving later today.
I will have a few planes along, but we'll be limited to only places that the motorhome can get to.

My test drive of the Old Jeep failed miserably yesterday, so we won't be dragging it along behind.
Sep 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash

update

Any more info On the 7th and 8th of OCT??