Sep 11, 2006, 10:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Berg 7 antenna

Is it just me or is this antenna the longest you ever saw? Trying to mount this on a helicopter is a pain in the rear. Has anyone used a base loaded antenna with these? If so, what was the outcome?
Last edited by rodneybarrett; Sep 11, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks for putting in the effort to search out past discussions on this topic before posting.
Sep 11, 2006, 11:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg
Thanks for putting in the effort to search out past discussions on this topic before posting.

I did a search and did find any discussion specific to the berg 7.
Why don't you show me some links.
Sep 12, 2006, 01:16 AM
Permanently Banned
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=568224

Larry
Sep 12, 2006, 05:38 AM
A man with too many toys
I have a Deanís antenna in my trex and it works great.
Sep 12, 2006, 07:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry3215

Do, are we sure that the 7P and the 4L use the same technology? I saw this topic but did not know if it specifically addressed the new 7P as well
Sep 12, 2006, 08:40 AM
LKC
LKC
must have been a glitch !
I test flew my T-rex with a Berg-7 and a MAP power antenna last night.. No problems so far..
Luke
Sep 12, 2006, 09:46 AM
Castle's Chaos Corner
Both the Berg 4 and 7 use the same basic technology. Both have pre-base loaded antennas. You can cut the antenna off any length you like and it will still work. The length of the antenna is directly proportional to range; cut it in half, the range is cut in half; quarter length equals quarter range, etc. Figure about a mile range for a full length antenna as a starting point.

Adding another base loaded antenna might or might not increase the range of a shorter antenna length, but in any case it will not hurt.

Bernie
Mar 02, 2008, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg
Ahh, the good old forum police.

Problem I have with search is if you search a popular topic the search will often and at 2005 or so and not show new posts. Often times the posts are out of order. Very glitchy searching here.

Plus, he had a very specific model he was asking about.
Mar 02, 2008, 08:42 AM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Wolfard
Both the Berg 4 and 7 use the same basic technology. Both have pre-base loaded antennas. You can cut the antenna off any length you like and it will still work. The length of the antenna is directly proportional to range; cut it in half, the range is cut in half; quarter length equals quarter range, etc. Figure about a mile range for a full length antenna as a starting point.
Bernie
My experience flying smaller helicopters with both Berg and JR receivers has been that 18" works very well and gives much more range than I can use. The limits on flying distance are visual not radio.

Quick Reply