Switchback Pictures Yep a couple more - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 16, 2002, 12:32 AM
A Clinger

Switchback Pictures Yep a couple more

Here is my plane with the new canopy. Spaceman Spiff flew a couple of flights before duplo guy took over. Spiff just was to intense .
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2002, 12:33 AM
A Clinger
Other side and back.
Aug 16, 2002, 12:36 AM
A Clinger
And an in flight picture. Out of 6 this is the best . Oh the spinner is painted red in honor of the brushless motor AC1215/16 installed .
Aug 16, 2002, 12:41 AM
I'm enjoying flying my SB enough with the stock motor. How does it fly with a brushless?
I dunno a thing about brushless motors. What do the numbers in "AC1215/16 " mean? And is this geared or dd? Worth it?
Oh. . . .and nice plane you got there, too!
--Mark
Aug 16, 2002, 12:43 AM
A Clinger
Had my second 'accident' today with the SB. I can't believe it. Both of my accidents with this plane have been at the bench -- not flying. The first was before the VERY first maiden attempt back on May 31. I was checking out controls and noticed the rudder was reverserd. Flipped switch and wrong one -- got the throttle switch. Zooom off the bench it went and busted the prop -- home we went for another prop. Today I had just completed flight #4 and set my model on the bench and the guy next to me says "would you mind shutting off your radio. I am getting some interference". Okay I did and Zoooom off went my plane again -- booonk !!!! Only bent the prop shaft ; Well that was it for this morning. At lunch installed a new gearbox (have a couple extra ) -- so ready to go again but aaargh.
Last edited by rclark; Aug 16, 2002 at 12:58 AM.
Aug 16, 2002, 12:49 AM
Leave me alone!
Nice pictures! Sorry to hear about your bench carnage, but at least it was minor

Martin
Aug 16, 2002, 12:50 AM
Rclark,
So, which was better. . . .the first flight or the second flight?
Aug 16, 2002, 12:50 AM
A Clinger
Mark,

Flys very well with the brushless (see hobby lobby for a description of the AC1215/16 brushless motor). I am using the same gearing you are 300 'B' but with the brushless motor (has a little smaller diameter than the 370) installed instead of the 370. I do run the APC 9x6SF instead of the GWS 9x7. I like the APC prop better. With the 720 Nimh battery you don't notice much different between the two motors. However with the 8 Cell 600s NicD there is a big difference. A lot more vertical and of course some speed. The big reason I went brushless is I was replacing motors every between 20 - 30 flights. The brushless should last a LOT longer. Yep, I really like this motor -- so far (only have 16 flights on it).

Mark, first or second flight? Not sure what you mean?
Last edited by rclark; Aug 16, 2002 at 01:00 AM.
Aug 16, 2002, 01:48 AM
You wrote about your first and second accidents with your SB. In both cases, the motor started and the plane moved, right? Just making a funny about those being "flights".

Guess not funny, eh?
Aug 16, 2002, 01:50 AM
Leave me alone!
What is the picture on the side of the nose of the plane?

Martin
Aug 16, 2002, 11:45 AM
A Clinger
That's the "official" Spirit of 9/11 "Let's Roll" emblem. I'd post a picture; put I am at work.

Mark LOL. Sorry, I can be 'dense' sometimes. Yep, shortest unexpected flights in the planes history . Can't count 'em though as ligit! Second one was best 'cause I already had 4 flights in .
Last edited by rclark; Aug 16, 2002 at 08:31 PM.
Aug 16, 2002, 07:59 PM
BEC
BEC
Here's a reduced size version of it: