Sep 11, 2006, 07:33 AM
Engine? No, thanks.
Thread OP
Cool

XtremeLink radio system

Surfing on the Net, I found this PAGE of a new module system for existing Futaba, JR, and Hitec radio systems (Expected release date: mid October 2006)

Features:

- No frequency conflicts

- Eliminates the need for multiple antennas

- Range up to 5 miles (26,000+ feet) ground to air, line of sight

- Ability to get real-time data back from your plane (battery voltage, altitude, speed, live video and audio transmissions, gear, failure..crash )

Anyone who can tell us something more (i.e. price?) about this product?

Cheers,
Marco aka Leo
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2006, 08:31 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
I've been following the thread here on RCGroups:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=566018

It's very exciting to think that we are witnessing the beginning of probably the biggest technological breakthrough in the RC industry. Imagine never having to be concerned about frequencies, synthesizers, crystals, etc. ever again. Think about driving up to your flying field and just turning on your equipment and flying without having to check a frequency board or going up and down the line to verify anyone is on your channel. It started with the Spektrum DX6 short range systems but now the full range versions such as this one are about to make it to market. What I wonder is when are the radio manufacturer's releasing their own 2.4Ghz systems?

Doubletap
Sep 11, 2006, 08:35 AM
Engine? No, thanks.
Thread OP
Great, thanks for the link Doubletap.

Quick Reply