Sep 11, 2006, 07:12 AM
RC-Kraut
Hi purple thanks for the links - yes those bumps attract me also for some time. They look just beautiful and classic. Curious how an xtwin adaption will fly, but should be ok as its a compact frame to be "levered" trough turns with the xtwin diff thrust gear.

See you
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
Frozen Polarbear
This wedensday soem friends are comming over to make some BUMPs, the first step into making Alta the home of micro RC in Norway

I allso want some of the BUMP kits when they are ready to sell!

Cheers
Tore
Sep 11, 2006, 12:04 PM
Only nerd in the village
It's nice to know people find my "bumps" attractive!

Mike has outdone himself. How is that for fast prototyping!

I will be carrying the orginal Bump as a kit and probably also some of the derivatives. We might be able to work out a kit that enables you to build different variants but more parts = higher price. As long as I don't know the shipping costs and cost of pushrods etc. I can't give a firm price but it should be well under 10/$20. As usual, us poor islanders have to add the dreaded VAT.

I'm interested in peoples opinions: Would you prefer a kit with pushrods, motor and prop included or just the foam parts?

Best regards,

Michael
Sep 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
Frozen Polarbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by epilot
It's nice to know people find my "bumps" attractive!

Mike has outdone himself. How is that for fast prototyping!

I will be carrying the orginal Bump as a kit and probably also some of the derivatives. We might be able to work out a kit that enables you to build different variants but more parts = higher price. As long as I don't know the shipping costs and cost of pushrods etc. I can't give a firm price but it should be well under 10/$20. As usual, us poor islanders have to add the dreaded VAT.

I'm interested in peoples opinions: Would you prefer a kit with pushrods, motor and prop included or just the foam parts?

Best regards,

Michael
I think both. One deal with everything included and one with just the foam? I guess I only want the foam parts, but if you are starting in micro RC buying everything at the same time would be the best. Just mine 5 pennies.

Cheers
Tore
Sep 11, 2006, 01:52 PM
Las Vegas Realtor
I'd rather just have the foam parts, for a lower price. The hardware we can source elsewhere but having Mike "Smooth as Glass" Glass laser cutting we can not do ourselves.
Sep 11, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'm for seperate stuff- foam parts package, hardware package, motor, props. I think I will just order the original bump. Fond memories, my first plane with the kokam 140 mah/bit gear, and nearly succesfull too... this time around, the cuts may be a bit more accurate
Sep 11, 2006, 02:12 PM
Only nerd in the village
I hear ya! No point in spending time packaging complete kits if people want to select their own hardware. We'll probably add some control horns though - just to be nice

Michael
Sep 11, 2006, 02:53 PM
For Sale-everything over 250 g
Hi,
Are those score marks on the underside of the wings done with the laser?
Mike Cross
Sep 11, 2006, 03:59 PM
Ego varius quis.
Mike, I'd be willing to do some testing if you'd like. All I need is the foam and a reccomendation for the motor.

I'm a n00b when it comes to microflight, so I'm your best bet for testing "trainers" and idiot-proofing!
Sep 11, 2006, 04:08 PM
Only nerd in the village
If you look back at old threads I think you will find that the Bump has already been tested in lots of different sizes. But thanks for the offer

Michael
Sep 11, 2006, 06:38 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm glad there is so much interest in Michaels Bump.

That didn't sound right!

Michael plane.

I had a ball last night with the design. It's a great little model!
We'll have to do another design by request night.

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry mcross,
I forgot about your question. Yes,the score marks are done with the laser. It a technique I came up with a few year ago. I incorporate it into all my kits.
Last edited by mike glass; Sep 11, 2006 at 06:43 PM.
Sep 11, 2006, 06:43 PM
Only nerd in the village
I can't wait!

I'll request a 8-10" span SE5a next time. And a Fokker D-7. That would make a cool dogfight duo.

Michael
Sep 11, 2006, 06:53 PM
Those are alittle harder to draw in 10 or 15 mins, but we can try!

I have both planes started, but I was saving them for my foam skeleton and tissue method like the Christen Eagle!

I like my WWl models with alittle color

Mike
Sep 11, 2006, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm......how about a Farman Postale type bump?

Greg
Sep 12, 2006, 01:04 AM
RC-Kraut
Hi - shurely the flight behaviour of "Bumps" was dicussed in the past in deep. But where? Therfore could anyone give some short (or longer ) statements about its flight style, like: speed - turnability - climb - stalls - spiralling in turns - etc - all important things to be known. Or maybe someone could post a vid or a link to a vid where a "typical" Bump flight can be seen. Thanks in advance

Bye