PICComancheZ - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by JPOP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 07, 2006, 09:04 AM
Against gravity!
Build Log

PICComancheZ

I want to build an nice RAH-66 Comanche Body for my Silverlit PiccoZ.
See if i can manage to unsolder the tail motor, because the tailboom has to go.
Body it 3 layers of Depron.
Inner layer takes the mechanical parts, the two outer layers close the thing.
It will start and land on the "open weapons bay", the original EPP landing gear.

See how it goes. The weight of the Body will clearly be a go/nogo criteria.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2006, 01:14 PM
Against gravity!
OK, Weighted the parts when I ripped the PicooZ apart:
Sum is about 2g, ~1.2g for the EPP+ ~0.8g for the tail.
looking good so far..
Sep 15, 2006, 02:50 PM
Designer
oops
Last edited by superdave420; Sep 15, 2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Sep 15, 2006, 02:51 PM
Designer
oops
Last edited by superdave420; Sep 15, 2006 at 03:05 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Sep 15, 2006, 02:52 PM
Against gravity!
I flies!

it's about 9.8g, like the original one without trim tabs.
Its not too slow, the CG is quite a bit forward.
Whats not so nice is that it's leaning to the right all the time:
tail rotor is probably a bit too low..

-JP
Last edited by JPOP; Sep 15, 2006 at 02:57 PM.
Oct 07, 2006, 12:10 AM
With over 200 downloads of your plans, I can't believe no one else has made one! Just wanted to let you know that I built one too. I love it! I did make a few changes and I should post the plans tomorrow along with some pictures. I left the tail boom installed as I assume most users will want to also, but you could probably take the tail stand out, and this would help with the tail weight problem. I left mine in, because it holds the tail motor at a downward angle to make it go faster when you mash the gas. The plans I made include where the parts on the center formers and charge jack will go. To compensate for the extra weight of the tail boom, 4 pieces of 3mm depron are used in the front. This avoids having to bend the outside pieces of the fuselage. There isn't a real weight difference between the Picco z Comanche and the stock PiccoZ because so much is cut out of the middle 2 fuselage pieces. Atleast mine does not lean to the side in flight because the tail motor is square with the main shaft. I had to angle the main blades shaft back pretty good to get the tail rotor to line up with the hole. It sure looks neat in the air. THANK YOU!
Oct 15, 2006, 08:28 AM

Pics Pleazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Ice_Flash
With over 200 downloads of your plans, I can't believe no one else has made one! Just wanted to let you know that I built one too. I love it! I did make a few changes and I should post the plans tomorrow along with some pictures. I left the tail boom installed as I assume most users will want to also, but you could probably take the tail stand out, and this would help with the tail weight problem. I left mine in, because it holds the tail motor at a downward angle to make it go faster when you mash the gas. The plans I made include where the parts on the center formers and charge jack will go. To compensate for the extra weight of the tail boom, 4 pieces of 3mm depron are used in the front. This avoids having to bend the outside pieces of the fuselage. There isn't a real weight difference between the Picco z Comanche and the stock PiccoZ because so much is cut out of the middle 2 fuselage pieces. Atleast mine does not lean to the side in flight because the tail motor is square with the main shaft. I had to angle the main blades shaft back pretty good to get the tail rotor to line up with the hole. It sure looks neat in the air. THANK YOU!

King Ice, I just downloaded Jpop's plan but I would like to see your ups and pics. Thanks Guys.
Dec 03, 2006, 09:00 AM
hi i,m new here and i want to make the comance body.
are there more people out there that already make the body.and will it work?

and are there other types of comance builds by teh people here

Quick Reply