Sep 06, 2006, 09:04 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
Discussion

Neu 1110 1Y + 4.4 gearbox

A friend just got one of these combos and the instructions say to use 2.5mm screws at the front of the gearbox (brass plate on the front of the gb), we tried some 2.5mm x .45 screws and they feel really loose in the threads, a 3mm screw will not fit, also tried a 4-40 with no luck, the 2.5 x .45 seems like the right pitch but the diameter is quite loose, anyone else notice this? I don't see any metric sizes between 2.5mm and 3.0mm, maybe just loctite and forget about it? otherwise a beautiful motor/gb combo.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2006, 12:29 AM
Flying motor mount master
I'd ask Steve directly.

He usually hangs out in the High Performance forum or just
email him at neumotors.com.
Sep 07, 2006, 02:38 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
I see that there is a Neu vendor forum, possibly one of the mods can move this over there and I'll get some response. Thanks

Mike
Sep 08, 2006, 01:55 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
Well, we went ahead and just loctited them in, didn't like the fit but I can't really find another solution short of making some custom screws on the lathe? We'll see if it holds up.

Mike
Sep 09, 2006, 07:39 PM
There are some differences between European and Asian metric screws. Multiplex supplies the gear box used on that motor. The gear box is made in Korea.

Steve
Sep 10, 2006, 10:34 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
Hmm, so where to you suggest we shop to get the proper screws? possibly they should be included with the motor similar to the 1506 I bought from you a while ago.

Mike
Sep 10, 2006, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myk
Hmm, so where to you suggest we shop to get the proper screws? possibly they should be included with the motor similar to the 1506 I bought from you a while ago.

Mike
www.mcmaster.com/ is a good source.

Steve Neu
Sep 11, 2006, 02:08 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
Thanks Steve, if the loctite doesn't work out we'll check into the differnt screws, how much difference in diameter are we talking about between the asian and europeans screws? and which one is the larger of the two? I've never hear of this before, interesting, kinda makes having a standar useless I guess.

Mike
Sep 27, 2006, 03:40 AM
Registered balsa abuser
There are also 2,6mm screws beeing used by some manufacturers (both Kyosho and Tamiya if i remember correctly), maybe that's what you need for that gearbox?
Sep 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
Hmm, interesting. Do you happen to know where to get them, any web links? Thanks.

Mike
Sep 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
myk
myk
Thread OP
I did a little research and found these:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTW47&P=7

Looks like they do exist and they might just be the correct thread for these gearboxes, I also found several places that sell metric taps and dies and there is definitely a 2.5 x .45 and also a 2.6 x .45 metric thread.

Mike
Apr 10, 2019, 02:05 PM
This is not about screws unless you incorporate screwed as in poor follow up by Neu Mfr.,

I sent two motors back to the Mfr., a week ago for possible repair since then I have phoned them each and every day Ok! they are busy and their product is desirable so its in demand, but even large companies like Walmart realize they need to keep the base happy, this company does not even answer their phone, I left a message each and every time also my e mail address still no response. I also left a message here I spoke with a major supplier a moment ago and their response was just as negative and that they were going to send another love letter!!

Who has can suggest an alternative motor for the Osprey ll

Quick Reply