Mar 14, 2007, 09:51 AM
Thread OP
If the T8UAFS has a plug-in RF module, then it would be directly compatible with our existing Futaba/Hitec module. If not, then it would work with our universal module.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2007, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Panda is the anti-virus software we run on our PCs.

Jim,

How do you like Panda? We currently use their Gate Defenders but have not considered their desktop AV stuff..
Mar 14, 2007, 10:10 AM
And You're Not
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm
Jim,

Will the Futaba T8UAFS TX be compatible with your modules?

Folks, what is you opinion regarding the Futaba t8UAFS? Is it any good? How far behind is it compared to the Futaba 9C Super? Can I install a bigger CAMPAC to get more than 16 models? How is the programming? How is the speed, latency-wise?

Thanks for your help.

chewy
I have an 8UHPS and I really like it. You can install a CAMpac (I have one in mine). I don't think it's that far behind the 9C functionally, but the programming isn't as intuitive..the 8U uses buttons to scroll thru menus and sub menus, the 9C has a wheel to scroll thru menus and sub menus. No idea about latency, but I've flown a couple of 9Cs and I personally like the feel of the gimbals in the 8U better. Somebody will probably pop in and say they are the exact same gimbals, and maybe it's just the way the tension was set but I just like the feel of my 8U better. Just my opinion.
Mar 14, 2007, 10:40 AM
Jim,

EVO 12 question. If the plug in module is not available and the universal module is used through the trainer port, how many channels are available?

Thanks,
Vince
Mar 14, 2007, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Technically if the system is using DSSS multiple radios should be able to use the same "channel" at the same time and Jim's 120 max users on 80 "channels" would also seem to support the idea. If two systems are using the same "channels" they will see each others transmissions as noise. If the noise floor raises to a certain level, Jim's system will move to a less used "channel". This is what makes it a FHDSSS system.
I got off on a tangent and was reading about cell phone's yesterday. CDMA phones use DSSS also. There is a good, but rather technical description at http://www.answers.com/topic/cdma . It mentions that for the code to discriminate between multiple transmitters on the same frequency the power levels at the receiver should be equal. In cell phones the tower feeds a signal back to the all of the cell phones telling them what power level to use. If ten R/C transmitters are standing together, all on the same frequency, but with different codes, the receivers should have no problems because the power levels would be equal at the receivers. But if one of the persons was across the field and a plane flew close to him than the other transmitters, his transmitter could over power the code and cause problems. So the code selection isn't perfect. That is probably why people have reported crashes when a TV helicopter flew near their plane.
Mar 14, 2007, 12:29 PM
The 8u series is covered. It's what I have and it suits me fine right now. It will out fly me. However, when my son learns to fly in a year or so, he gets the 8uaf and I plan on buying a new radio. Ohhhhhh.... the 2.4 possibilities in a year....... drool.....
Mar 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
Thread OP
RCGroups has asked me to close this thread due to its size. Apparently, every time it is accessed a certain number of pages are loaded and it is slowing down their server. I will start a new thread located here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656877

Quick Reply