Sep 05, 2006, 09:03 PM
FHSS won Europe hitherto
Hi Jim,

will you have a solution for the JR-mc22 with its unboxed RF-Print?

Its a famous Tx in Europe because of its fast processing and short response-time, PPM ist faster than T14MZ-PPM.

Good luck!

Rudy V.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2006, 09:31 PM
Thread OP
We can support anything that has a removable RF section. This is for FCC reasons. If there is enough demand for a module, we will make it.
Sep 05, 2006, 09:57 PM
Closed Account
How about end plugs on those receivers?
Sep 05, 2006, 10:37 PM
Der Haifisch!! R.I.P.
and can I get fries and a drink with that?? LOL

BD
Sep 05, 2006, 11:51 PM
Thread OP
We could have end-plug style receivers. The majority of people want the vertical configuration, so that is what we went with. We could easily make a right-angle adapter for the existing cases. Otherwise, we would have to make all new cases, which would result in an increase the height of the case itself. This is something that we are trying to avoid.
Sep 05, 2006, 11:56 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Thanks for the kind answers, Jim!

Glad to hear that the output is programmable. I feared that we europeans would only be able to get hold of a crippled version. Fortunately, this is not the case.

The importance of an optional remotely mountable antenna can hardly be overestimated.

A friend of mine, a successful DLG pilot, told me recently, that he would gladly pay 300 bucks for a reciever that would be glitch- proof. You can surely imagine the frustration of loosing more than one 400€ DLG while using the best reciever possible.

As you can clearly see in the photograps I attached, there is hardly space available in these fuselages.

As we have even more problems with our 35MHz than you lucky Americans with 72MHz, a reciever from you without a fixed, undetachable antenna would be even more welcomely.

Thanks again,

Julian
Sep 06, 2006, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Thanks for the kind answers, Jim!

Glad to hear that the output is programmable. I feared that we europeans would only be able to get hold of a crippled version. Fortunately, this is not the case.

The importance of an optional remotely mountable antenna can hardly be overestimated.

A friend of mine, a successful DLG pilot, told me recently, that he would gladly pay 300 bucks for a reciever that would be glitch- proof. You can surely imagine the frustration of loosing more than one 400€ DLG while using the best reciever possible.

As you can clearly see in the photograps I attached, there is hardly space available in these fuselages.

As we have even more problems with our 35MHz than you lucky Americans with 72MHz, a reciever from you without a fixed, undetachable antenna would be even more welcomely.

Thanks again,

Julian
Julian, What is a DLG? Is the photo you posted a picture of the complete DLG? It looks like a torpedo to me. Please excuse my ignorance. I guess I've led a sheltered life.

Ken K5MBV
Sep 06, 2006, 12:21 AM
DLG means Discus Launched Glider---a 50" span or so sailplane that is launched by flinging it into the air with a peg attached to a wingtip. They need high strength, low weight, and very low drag to perform best. That's why the limited space in the fuselage.
Sep 06, 2006, 12:22 AM
Hi,

how far is the range if I'd adjust the RX/TX at 10 mW output power as it seems to be allowed in good old europe?

Thanks,

Herbert
Sep 06, 2006, 12:24 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Hi!

DLG stands for Discus Launch Glider.
Also known as SAL: Side Arm Launch.

I don't want to commit threadnapping, so just a few links:

pictures of planes
Launching photographs
Video #13

This class is hugely popular in Europe, especially in Germany. Hence my request for space- saving antenna configurations.

Regards,

Julian
Sep 06, 2006, 01:17 AM
How do you get along with only one antenna and the tx antenna buried below the transmitter? Do you have extra antennas on the rx pcb?
You state yourself that realigning the antenna costs 1/3 of the range, that would mean acrobatics do the same.

>Glad to hear that the output is programmable. I feared that we europeans would only be able to get hold of a crippled version.

Well if you program it to a legal 10mW output it is crippled, if you don't and get catched you are in for a hefty fine (you might be able to buy several $2k radios with that money). But as it does use channel hopping unlike spektrum it might be legal with 100mW.
Last edited by Andi G; Sep 06, 2006 at 01:28 AM.
Sep 06, 2006, 01:24 AM
sounds great. but as others have said, we are pretty limited in what how much power we can legally transmitt on so a range at this power would be nice to know.

secondly i am concerned about crash damage. is the aerial supported in the rx case to reduce the damage to the pcb?

Ade
Sep 06, 2006, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
The antenna and circuit board create the actual antenna. If you change the angle of the antenna in relation to the circuit board, the range changes as does the spherical pattern. By having the antenna exactly perpendicular to the circuit board, you get a nearly perfect sphere and the longest range. A sphere is a "ball". It doesn't matter what orientation the receiver is in relation to the transmitter. The "balls" will overlap, and communicate properly. When you don't have the overlapping radio waves, you don't have communication.

The range with 10mw is limited to about 800 feet ground based and about 2,500 feet ground to air.
Last edited by JimDrew; Sep 06, 2006 at 01:31 AM.
Sep 06, 2006, 01:32 AM
Thread OP
The circuit boards are heavy FR4 material designed to withstand high G-force and crashes. The plastic cases are ribbed for reinforcement, and designed to absorb an impact and collapse around the circuit boards. Replacement cases will be available. The antenna is supported in the Rx and Tx cases to provide the proper orientation for the best possible range.
Sep 06, 2006, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
Julez, it is not likely that we can make the Rx smaller enough for your application.

Quick Reply