Aug 30, 2006, 09:52 AM
I broke my kerpellor.
Thread OP
Video

Mini IFO is dialed in - hover and flight demo

Steve (Sparkflyer) and I think this is the way to build a mini IFO - 1/32" aluminum plate motor mount, Park 300 motor, 2-cell 900 mAh TP pack. I don't think you are going to find any combo for an IFO that flies better. Also has 3rd servo rudder, 1/16" music wire landing gear. Omg, is that Rush?!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2006, 01:48 PM
That was really nice. Could yoou post some close ups of the build? I need to redo one that's been collecting dust. Thanks.
Sep 01, 2006, 02:01 PM
I broke my kerpellor.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman
That was really nice. Could yoou post some close ups of the build? I need to redo one that's been collecting dust. Thanks.
Just checked the groups at lunch, and there was your post. Check out the IFO owners thread, there are close-ups and specs of the whole thing. Sparkflyer is the guy who came up with this design.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...40#post5995219
Sep 03, 2006, 04:30 PM
how did you add a rudder? the rudder thing that flops around on my mini ifo doesnt pivot its fixed.......
Sep 03, 2006, 07:24 PM
Yea, the stock mini IFO does not have a working rudder. I added that (as have many others) here is a picture of the CF structure I built. Its still floppy like the stock mini but it works quite well never the less. I have since wrapped kevlar thread around the CF rods that insert into the nylon tubes on the rudder to stiffen things up a bit. It works. Its worth the mod in my opinion. Also refer to this post to see the linkage:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=516
Last edited by SparkFlyer; Sep 03, 2006 at 11:31 PM.
Sep 04, 2006, 11:29 AM
ah thanks sweet
i just had great fun at my patch today it was quite windy but on 3 clicks up of throttle my ifo would sit there still harriering or hovering in the normal flight position - just its difficult to keep it straight without rudder and the one on there serves no purpose but cosmetics for me -i am recovering my ifo in kite material and fixing - i broke it a little when floating still inverted near the grass - and someone put their tx on same channel as me - and tested their engine on full throttle and controls without realising or looking on the peg board!!!

nvm its hardly broke
its funny the motor CF bit that the motor mount fixes too broke but it was securely glued to the sheeting ! - it would wobbly up and down!
great i think i will fix mine new and lighter- maybe add a rudder - but i got 15 - 20 min flight on 2c 750 mah 8c lipo! amazing power- on alittle cheap cdrom motor-
thanks

Quick Reply