Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 17, 2001, 08:40 PM

Help - Prism 7x and V-Tail Mixing with aileron differential (channel 1 and 6)

OK, I've looked through the book and I can't find the answer. I am trying to get this plane ready to go for a friend, so my wife can take it to him when she leaves tomorrow (flying north). Help!

Here is the problem: I have a V-tail plane that is setup with 4 servos. 2 for the rudder/elevator-vtail and 1 for each aileron. I can enable V-Tail mixing to get the elevator/rudder working, but I can't figure out how to enable the ailerons (only the aileron on channel 1 is responding). I need to setup the aileron mixing from channels 1 to 6 like in differential, but that mixing option is on the same setup menu (as far as I can tell). How do I setup both V-Tail and the two ailerons, is this even possible. I plan to try and call Hitec tomorrow if "we" can't figure it out - but this is perplexing.

Here is the "desired" setup:

Channel 1 - Aileron number 1
Channel 2 - V tail elevator
Channel 3 - Throttle
Channel 4 - V tail rudder
Channel 5 - empty
Channel 6 - Aileron number 2 (mixed)

Any guesses? (I'm going to copy this to the Ask Mike at Hitec Forum in case no one here knows...)

Or do I just have to Y- connect the Aileron channel 1... (would prefer a computer mix if possible)
Can it be done fellow Prism owners?!?

Thanks!

Cash
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2001, 09:21 PM
All Hail Brak!
Well, the Prism 7 (no X) only does one type of mixing at at time. If you want V-Tail (VTL), you can't have aileron differential (DIF)... and vice-versa.

I'm pretty sure the mixing menu is the same for the 7/7X... the differences between the 7 and 7X are (all additional functions to the 7) buddy-box, freq shift changeable(hitec/airtronics), and aileron-rudder coupling. (maybe more, but that's what's obvious)

Rick
May 17, 2001, 09:42 PM
That's what I was afraid of. But that is ok, aileron mixing was not a "requirement," just would have been nice.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know of a radio that does perform multiple mixes such as this?

-Cash
May 18, 2001, 08:08 AM
Futaba 6XA
May 18, 2001, 01:38 PM
Hitec Eclipse 7...
May 18, 2001, 05:00 PM
Ordering an Eclipse....

Cash

Thank you everyone!
May 18, 2001, 05:25 PM
See if channel 5 will do the other aileron
6 might be the LG channel.

Just a guess??

May 18, 2001, 05:32 PM
Crash test dummy
The Flash 5 can also do this.
May 20, 2001, 12:34 AM
If the Flash5 can also do it, that makes me have to wonder if it is a software limitation. If so, you might wonder if Hitec would ever offer a software upgrade.

Hmm,

Cash
May 20, 2001, 10:31 PM
Never mind... I had no idea that Electronic Vtail (receiver add-ons) mixers were so cheap. I've never needed one. I just did a search and found several that weigh practically nothing for around $20. Heck, if I need both types of mixing in the future, I'll just add one of those to the Aileron Differential Mixing from the radio. Funny how things seem a big deal at first, then when everyone here starts making suggestions (in the Hitec thread) the problems go away.

Cash