Aug 12, 2002, 03:43 PM
Thread OP

Kyosho Seawind SE problems?

Does anyone know of problems with the Kyosho Seawind Special Edition yacht (the version with with FG hull/deck)? I was told that kits had to be returned due to some sort of problem/s. Thanks for any info.
Mike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2002, 04:46 AM
I believe that I read that there were very small cracks in the fiberglass. I would have to look it up to be sure. It was in an article in radio control boat modeler. I believe it read "minute cracks in the gel coat"

Let me know if you want me to look it up.---RoS
Aug 16, 2002, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Many thanks Slowflyer for the information. Your comments seem to confirm what I've been told so there's no need to trouble you further. Interesting.
Mike
Aug 16, 2002, 04:00 PM
Yep, it's too bad. the boat got an excellant review except for the hairline cracks in the glass.---Rob
Aug 27, 2002, 11:19 AM
Thread OP
On checking further in the UK re the F/G hull it seems that the problem was not with the hull quality itself, but how the hull was packed inside the main box. The hull (bow) was jammed into a cut-out cardboard inner carton that during transit/storage caused indents in the bow hull section. This is certainly the case with the kit I have. I've built it, however, and yacht sails extremely well and fast.
Mike
Sep 13, 2002, 04:35 AM
Anyone who has actually tried a new FG Seawind vs an old one? Is the performance actually better?

Personally I donīt believe that it can make such a differance but Iīm open minded.

Anyone who knows any Seawind related trimtip pages out there?

/Seawind addict
Sep 13, 2002, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
I have sailed the Seawind SE/FG version against standard hulls, in light to moderate winds, and the SE is marginally faster. The standard hull might be quicker/more stable in strong winds, but I've yet to find out.
Tight sails, Mike

Quick Reply