Aug 27, 2006, 07:54 PM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP
Discussion

Virginia Beach Club

Well I did it, I joined the local boat club today. I have sailed with these guys a few weeks now and they are pretty good people so I decided to join up with them. We meet on Sundays at noon on Mnt. Trashmore lake and sail around till we are too hot, too cold, tired, hungry, or afraid of getting in trouble at home. I took some pics of the boats that showed up today. If anyone is interested in the boat for sale then PM me or E-mail me and I will see what kind of info I can get you about it.

Massey
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2006, 08:27 PM
Grumpa Tom
Really nice photos, Massey! Make this a weekly report.
Aug 27, 2006, 09:15 PM
The Irregulars (East Coast Division)?
Sep 03, 2006, 03:04 PM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP

9-3-2006

Well the flooding we had this week turned out to be a good thing for our lake. It is not only full but too full now!!! The water has receeded about 1 foot in the lake since the flooding on Friday and is still 6 to 8 inches over normal. The lake rose over 3 feet in one day!!!!! Now to the boats

I brought the Thomas Massey out to the lake in hopes that the wind would be calm enough to sail her. She is missing her pilot house, masts and alot of detail but she is fit enough for some sea trials. The boat did really good on the water but it does not like getting hit broadside with a wave it really tosses her around bad. I think that the fins on the lower part of the hull will solve that but the stock ones are wood and really thick so I will make some out of styrene and try that.

We did not have a huge turnout today but we did have a few nice boats come out to play and here they are. I have duty next sunday wich is bad cause that is when my club meets...and... we are going to be at an indoor pool in Virginia Beach. Oh well maybe next year I can make it to this show. THe following week we will be at a 2 day event near the USS Wisconsin. I will make sure to get some pics of our boats and the beautiful BB64 as well.

Massey
Sep 03, 2006, 08:49 PM
Total "Eastside Irregulars"! Please keep us up on your club's doings!

Congratulations on joining- running boats is fun, running boats with other people is even more fun!

Nice mixture of boats there!
Sep 03, 2006, 10:59 PM
Grumpa Tom
Nice pics. Keep 'em coming!
Sep 17, 2006, 03:03 PM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP

9-17-2006 Out at a seafood festival.

OK guys here are some really nice pics comming up. This is at a seafood festival in Norfolk, VA. There was a good turnout of boats and even a few tanks as well. (one was amphibous). I gave my Toyama a good sea trial and all went well there. we had little wooden boats for the kids that came to see us and they would sail them in the water with us. Enjoy the pics and as always comments welcome.

Massey

P.S. The Amsterdam is still for sale, PM me if you want any info on it.
Sep 17, 2006, 07:32 PM
show some pix of your fast boat
Sep 17, 2006, 07:53 PM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP
OK next time it makes it to the lake I will. My club is for electric boats only and my only fast one is gas so it will be out laters. Being an Unlimited Hydro tho it needs smooth water and the last few times I have been to the lake with it the water has been anything but smooth.

Massey
Sep 17, 2006, 08:33 PM
floating and flying
That "scratch built" fishing boat is a Hellen trawler from the Latina kit. Nicely done! We run one also. The "lil fishing boat" in your first photo set is a Dumas Victory tug, also nicely executed. Thanks for posting all the fine pictures of these great little ships! I wish there was a club here where we are.
Sep 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
Grumpa Tom
Awesome, awesome show!!!
Sep 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
HI Mark thanks for promoting the club. This is Jason by the way. Just to clarify Jake is the one who started the fising boat Doug is finishing up but hes not gone yet, unfortunetly he doesnt have long he was a great guy to go sailing with and we are all going to miss him. The NOAA Whiting is all scratch built and the lifeboat davits work. Darrel does not bring it out much and hes working on a model thats even larger and more detailed. the amphibious tank is a am-trak Dennis scratch built it out of sentra every show he comes to there are always a few Marines that go ape for it. I think one of the neatest boats there was your freghter that was small enough to have fun with in the pool none of my stuff is small enough for it. I think I might just have to do a conversion on a small plastic model so we can run together.
Sep 20, 2006, 08:46 PM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazegry
HI Mark

This is Mike... New member to the club with the really little container ship and the Vac-u-tug

Massey
Sep 21, 2006, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massey
This is Mike... New member to the club with the really little container ship and the Vac-u-tug

Massey
oops sorry I was trying to do 3 things at once. Hi mike lol
Sep 21, 2006, 04:24 AM
Drydock Captian
Thread OP
HIYA!!!

Now who would you be? There are only a few of the guys that I know by name and face so this will help me get to know everyone better

Massey

Quick Reply