Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 21, 2010, 08:35 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Smokescreen38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707
The winds today (according to weather.com) are "Wind: From W at 11mph gusting to 18mph", and aside from an iffy take-off throw due to a gusting crosswind, the Stryker once again showed that it cares not about a little bit of wind!

The ARC 28-47-2170kv motor absolutley loved the APC 7x5 Sport prop

Here is the Hat-Cam video of the proceedings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWl2S59GiQ4
Cool... good to hear!!

How many cells? How many amps?

I can't load the video on this computer...not sure if it answers my questions...sorry if they're redundant!

I have been flying the same 2-turn ARC motor in my Stryker on a 6x5.5 on 4s and it works well but I haven't tried anything else yet to compare it too.

I have one of those Freewing F-15s too.. nice tame jet.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2010, 02:13 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
What do the experts think would cause my plane to roll hard right when whacking it to WOT? Elevon flex? I have been using B model elevons taped on mine with no problems. I can't find any evidence of any problems. My cheap Turnigy MG servos are still fine. The rest of the plane is another story. I drove it into the ground probably near 100mph. My inrunner consumed 830 watts twisting a 7x9 APC sport prop.
Apr 21, 2010, 02:27 PM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
Cool... good to hear!!

How many cells? How many amps?

I can't load the video on this computer...not sure if it answers my questions...sorry if they're redundant!

I have been flying the same 2-turn ARC motor in my Stryker on a 6x5.5 on 4s and it works well but I haven't tried anything else yet to compare it too.

I have one of those Freewing F-15s too.. nice tame jet.
Hey I recognize your name from the F-15 thread. The video does show the info, I wonder why you cant load it?

Anyway, its a Turnigy 4s 2650 40/50C Lipo on this flight with the APC 7x5

Quick static tests with WhatsUp meter: 60.42 amps, 890 watts and with the full size heatsink and customrcparts.com mount the motor came down cool. I have not done any testing for thrust numbers yet, Im just glad I got a chance to fly it.
Apr 21, 2010, 04:51 PM
Registered User
lowdive's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by krexken
What do the experts think would cause my plane to roll hard right when whacking it to WOT? Elevon flex? I have been using B model elevons taped on mine with no problems. I can't find any evidence of any problems. My cheap Turnigy MG servos are still fine. The rest of the plane is another story. I drove it into the ground probably near 100mph. My inrunner consumed 830 watts twisting a 7x9 APC sport prop.
torque roll maybe?
Apr 21, 2010, 05:25 PM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
torque roll maybe?
Torque roll + weak elevons with the 7x9. Mine torque rolls some with a 7x5, balsa elevons, and HS-85MG servos.
Apr 21, 2010, 09:06 PM
ohio usa
NOTAR 600's Avatar
Torque roll usually causes a turn to the left when the prop is turning clockwise (conventional) when viewed from the rear. The left wing tip drops and the right wing tip goes up.
Apr 21, 2010, 09:50 PM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar
Good call NOTAR 600, mine does roll left, not right like krexken describes. Hmmmm.
Apr 21, 2010, 10:10 PM
Registered User
Stryker Flyer's Avatar
I have had torque roll to the left in the past too, but I offset the motor mounts to compensate on 3.5 lbs plus strykers. k/v and prop selection was a factor to.

Maybe your motor mount is off center slightly .

I also have a light stryker on 6S 2200 that is more of an old demolition plane, with stock elevons and a stock motor mount, having no luck on it to trim level at all speeds, actually it has rudders and requires rudder at full throttle to keep in a some what straight direction. Now that I think of it that plane is a banana shaped and more a beautiful pile of duct tape.

see post
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=7194
it may not be for every ones plane but i think it worked on two that i have flown
Last edited by Stryker Flyer; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:37 PM.
Apr 22, 2010, 03:01 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
scousethief's Avatar
lol i have a banana stryker too
Apr 22, 2010, 07:15 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief
lol i have a banana stryker too
You can easily straighten out the banana shape by replacing the stock FG rods with a 5mm (0,2in) CF tube.
Last edited by Arcteryxxx; Apr 22, 2010 at 08:45 AM.
Apr 22, 2010, 08:29 AM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
scousethief's Avatar
its a nose to tail banana lol ill place a carbon rod along the bottom of the fuse next time i bump it , remakably it still flies perfectly well.
Apr 22, 2010, 08:34 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
You can easily straighten out the banana shape by replacing the stock CF rods with a 5mm (0,2in) CF tube.

Need to add that this can be used as a "band aid" for worn and torn birds with banana shaped wings...
Apr 22, 2010, 09:22 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Smokescreen38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707
Hey I recognize your name from the F-15 thread. The video does show the info, I wonder why you cant load it?

Anyway, its a Turnigy 4s 2650 40/50C Lipo on this flight with the APC 7x5

Quick static tests with WhatsUp meter: 60.42 amps, 890 watts and with the full size heatsink and customrcparts.com mount the motor came down cool. I have not done any testing for thrust numbers yet, Im just glad I got a chance to fly it.
Thanks...
I can't load the video because it's my work computer and youtube, etc. are blocked. I'm sure it works for everyone else.

So...I may have to try this 7x5 setup!! I am running a Turnigy 60A ESC but I think it can handle it.

5s with a 5x5 prop produced similar watt numbers but it mostly just made noise. Not enough diameter to make the thrust it needs to overcome the Stryker's draggy shape, I suspect.
Apr 22, 2010, 09:47 AM
Registered User
lowdive's Avatar
front to back, side to side banana stryker:
http://daveml.nasa.gov/images/HL20.jpg

i don't get too much bending between the wings but front to back i usually do. ends up looking like a lifting body, in my opinion.
Apr 22, 2010, 11:09 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
front to back, side to side banana stryker:
http://daveml.nasa.gov/images/HL20.jpg

i don't get too much bending between the wings but front to back i usually do. ends up looking like a lifting body, in my opinion.
I agree. But I think the Avro Vulcan was the inspiration in the first place:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_...edirected=true


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker That can fly?!? Parkflyers 109 Sep 26, 2012 10:54 PM
Discussion Parkzone's New F-27C Stryker itspat Parkflyers 1 Nov 08, 2011 07:56 PM
Mini-Review F-27C Stryker Review That can fly?!? Parkflyers 27 Jul 29, 2010 08:25 PM
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker 3S 11.1 V Balance Plug WDP Batteries and Chargers 12 Oct 26, 2009 08:44 AM
Discussion Coming soon! F-27C Stryker RTF with lipo and brushless Solcat Electric Plane Talk 0 May 31, 2006 12:34 PM