F-27C Stryker - Beyond the Parkflyer - Page 552 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Apr 17, 2010, 06:32 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
I got my Stryker in the air for the first time since the upgrade. Boy, going straight from a stock F27B to a 2700 Six Series and 3 cell Rhino lipo powered Stryker is a big (and awesome) increase in performance! I love this thing even more now (although I'm not sure I can say the same for my neighbors!)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2010, 10:18 PM
glider pilot in training
webdragon's Avatar
I broke the stock prop on my stryker today and i was wondering, Has anyone tried a stock stryker C motor with a 7X3 prop?
Apr 18, 2010, 01:53 AM
Registered User
krazyman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc
I got my Stryker in the air for the first time since the upgrade. Boy, going straight from a stock F27B to a 2700 Six Series and 3 cell Rhino lipo powered Stryker is a big (and awesome) increase in performance! I love this thing even more now (although I'm not sure I can say the same for my neighbors!)
I am going to put the same motor in my Stryker. What size prop are you using? I was thinking of using a 6x5.5 APC but maybe I had better stick to the 6x4. I think the 6x5.5 might be to much for the motor.

Terry
Apr 18, 2010, 02:20 AM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar

Hat Cam


Well, I picked up the new Sony "Bloggie" Flip-cam because of its unique Rotating Lens feature. I have a nice Sony CX-100 HD Camcorder, but usually dont have anyone to film me flying, so the "Bloggie" was perfect for strapping to a hat and filming myself, in HD! The unit weights 4.5 ounces, and I can use it on a hat and am going to try strapping it to the 450 and Stryker in the future for some on-board HD video.

Here are some pictures of the Hat-Cam and a test video using the Stryker that I built to be used as a flying target next month. The test flights went well, this is test flight number 2.

Stryker Hunt Test Flight 2 (4 min 49 sec)
Apr 18, 2010, 11:45 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Arcteryxxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender707
Well, I picked up the new Sony "Bloggie" Flip-cam because of its unique Rotating Lens feature. I have a nice Sony CX-100 HD Camcorder, but usually dont have anyone to film me flying, so the "Bloggie" was perfect for strapping to a hat and filming myself, in HD! The unit weights 4.5 ounces, and I can use it on a hat and am going to try strapping it to the 450 and Stryker in the future for some on-board HD video.

Here are some pictures of the Hat-Cam and a test video using the Stryker that I built to be used as a flying target next month. The test flights went well, this is test flight number 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTH4XG7ZGY
Cool!
Apr 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
ohio usa
NOTAR 600's Avatar
This well broke-in stryker is working good for me.

medusa 28-40-1700-V2
eflite 30 amp esc
HS-82mg servos
sprektum ar6110e receiver
2-56 pushrods/clevis
valuehobby 2200mah 4S 25C lipo
customRCparts motor mount
stock elevons
stock 4x6 prop or apc 4x6 sport

Switching to a castle ice 50 esc tomorrow when it gets here. Been switching motors between stock and medusa 28-32-2800 and this bigger medusa in the picture. They all work great. I use a 3S lipo with smaller 2800kv medusa. The CG balance is perfect with the stated setup. Those fat brick 2200mah 4S fit with minimal foam trimming.
Last edited by NOTAR 600; May 02, 2010 at 03:17 PM.
Apr 18, 2010, 02:50 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
I thought I'd share some pics of my newly upgraded Stryker. It can be seen flying in the last half of this vid. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1230002
Apr 18, 2010, 06:54 PM
ohio usa
NOTAR 600's Avatar
all4smallRC, I like your paint job.
Apr 18, 2010, 06:56 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
Thanks! The idea was to make orientation easier, and it works.
Apr 18, 2010, 09:15 PM
The Kid
Thekid3418's Avatar
Game time!

2x 3s
2x 2s

3000mah 40/50C Turnigy batteries. Should be a significant improvment over the 2200-30C batteries I ran to get to 148.

Kid
Apr 19, 2010, 02:25 AM
Registered User
GryphonRCU's Avatar
johnnyrocco123,

Your inbox is full.
Apr 19, 2010, 03:21 AM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryphonRCU
johnnyrocco123,

Your inbox is full.
Cleaned it out. Thanks
Apr 19, 2010, 08:26 PM
Why the dirt on the wings?
moparmyway's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418
Game time!

2x 3s
2x 2s

3000mah 40/50C Turnigy batteries. Should be a significant improvment over the 2200-30C batteries I ran to get to 148.

Kid
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Lets see what you can get with them now !!!!!!!
Apr 19, 2010, 09:59 PM
Registered User
ender707's Avatar

todays flight


The winds today (according to weather.com) are "Wind: From W at 11mph gusting to 18mph", and aside from an iffy take-off throw due to a gusting crosswind, the Stryker once again showed that it cares not about a little bit of wind!

The ARC 28-47-2170kv motor absolutley loved the APC 7x5 Sport prop

Here is the Hat-Cam video of the proceedings:

Custom F-27 Stryker Flight (6 min 25 sec)
Apr 20, 2010, 11:48 AM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
My Six Series 2700 and 3 cell powered Stryker has been confirmed flying 85mph level and passing 100mph from a dive!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker That can fly?!? Parkflyers 109 Sep 26, 2012 11:54 PM
Discussion Parkzone's New F-27C Stryker itspat Parkflyers 1 Nov 08, 2011 08:56 PM
Mini-Review F-27C Stryker Review That can fly?!? Parkflyers 27 Jul 29, 2010 09:25 PM
Discussion Parkzone F-27C Stryker 3S 11.1 V Balance Plug WDP Batteries and Chargers 12 Oct 26, 2009 09:44 AM
Discussion Coming soon! F-27C Stryker RTF with lipo and brushless Solcat Electric Plane Talk 0 May 31, 2006 01:34 PM