Feb 05, 2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the offer Gryphon, I definitely will take ya up on that. Sounds like your quite knowledgeable in the Striker arena (sky?)

Gary

are you guys confused yet?....I am.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2010, 03:58 AM
One Six Right,

Which screen name do you prefer to receive PMs at?

One Six Right, or efflux RC ?

There are several of us with tons of experience on the Stryker thread....which is cool, we each have certain experiences and view points and we generally have consensus on most topics.

Good night Gary,

Gryphon
Feb 05, 2010, 04:07 AM
Please PM all business talk, question (EDFs, jets, motors,) to efflux RC.
Thanks..sorry for the confusion.
Latest blog entry: Updated blog - Oct 2017
Feb 05, 2010, 04:15 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
All of this talk of MEGA's and now we got 90mm polished aluminum EDF's !!!

Sorry Dudes, I am in my glory here..................................
I think I NEED a look @ this new website and I just GOTTA HAVE an EDF !!!!

Pictures of airspeed
Pictures of batteries
Pictures of EDF's

No WONDER this Stryker thing gets carried away !!!!

Gary @ Custom RC Parts has been AWSOME to work with, I can only imagine what will happen when another Gary gets into the fray !!!!!!!

Gary @ www.effluxrc.com (ONE SIX RIGHT) ...........need any volunteers for a 90mm DF on a slippery Stryker ????
Feb 05, 2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway
All of this talk of MEGA's and now we got 90mm polished aluminum EDF's !!!

Sorry Dudes, I am in my glory here..................................
I think I NEED a look @ this new website and I just GOTTA HAVE an EDF !!!!

Pictures of airspeed
Pictures of batteries
Pictures of EDF's

No WONDER this Stryker thing gets carried away !!!!

Gary @ Custom RC Parts has been AWSOME to work with, I can only imagine what will happen when another Gary gets into the fray !!!!!!!

Gary @ www.effluxrc.com (ONE SIX RIGHT) ...........need any volunteers for a 90mm DF on a slippery Stryker ????
Awesome power ya got there.
I hate to tell ya this, but if you get into foamy EDFs, there's another Gary who makes plastic molded EDF accessories (GLM)
I guess I should share the batt power in the Squall and the Fantom. Please note the packs are stacked in both airframes.
BTW here's my Business thread :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...096945&page=69
there's also a full pictorial build thread on the Squall (in the Foamy EDFs...see "MONSTER Squall") the build thread has turned into a competition by a couple of challengers.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...167614&page=18
Last edited by efflux RC; Feb 05, 2010 at 04:45 AM.
Feb 05, 2010, 12:52 PM
Gryphon mentioned EDF motors a while ago to me. I've just started to think about this too. Great timing!

The Stryker motor mount brackets would be perfect platform to adapt an EDF. If anyone has drawings of a particular EDF they want to use and where they want it placed axially on the plane, let me know and I'll draw up some concepts.

Gary - Custom RC Parts
Feb 05, 2010, 01:11 PM
You down with EPP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by customrcparts
Gryphon mentioned EDF motors a while ago to me. I've just started to think about this too. Great timing!

The Stryker motor mount brackets would be perfect platform to adapt an EDF. If anyone has drawings of a particular EDF they want to use and where they want it placed axially on the plane, let me know and I'll draw up some concepts.

Gary - Custom RC Parts
What is the purpose of an EDF other than going slow but soundling like your going fast?

Seriously inquiring.
Feb 05, 2010, 01:15 PM
i had a similar thought. edf is neat, has a place but the stryker really does best with a prop.
Feb 05, 2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
i had a similar thought. edf is neat, has a place but the stryker really does best with a prop.
I'm curious too. It seems like a cool idea. I've never flown one with an EDF though so I don't know.
Feb 05, 2010, 01:51 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
I would like to see a stryker with an edf just not one of those massive ones that take up half the plane.
Feb 05, 2010, 02:21 PM
Are we there yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdive
I thought props were best on all aircraft, just not pratical with some designs due to over hanging tails and trying to make it look like the real thing. 1 of these just wouldn't look right with a prop on the back. Also I was told that it takes a lot more power to make an EDF go as fast as a prop driven plane. Too inefficient apparently
Feb 05, 2010, 03:49 PM
scousethief,

I agree with you.

That is why I thought 69-70mm EDF would be best for all around performance from mild to wild.

Smaller EDF can power a Stryker too…maybe as small as 55mm.
Fun project would be (2) 55mm fans on a Stryker.

I'm sure there will be VERY FEW people who would want to run a 90mm someday. For example Moparmyway...even me. I bought my 90mm EDF for a Stryker over 2 years ago...but that will be a back burner project for me.

I have a 70mm fan and I would love to stick MEGA's new 16/25/1.5R 3750 on it while running 4S for 1300W or so.......MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

A bunch of common motors that people have with adequately capable 6S ESC can run (2) of their 3S packs in series and power a 69-70mm fan at various levels...No need for the AMPS to be HIGH....Good power increase will come from the higher voltage.

Later,

Gryphon
Feb 05, 2010, 04:00 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
LOL i agree Grphon 2x55's just might look pretty mean actually especially if you could blend them like the mig 29 etc. Ill be interested in hearing how everyone gets on though , i like the idea of edf its just the look of having a big toilet roll stuck on the back that puts me off

*the other side is of course the cost that can be involved , those edf's are quite pricey, they look very very nice and obviously do their job but theyre still very pricey compared to a "standard" setup.
Last edited by scousethief; Feb 05, 2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: 38 years old a degree in english and still can't bleeding spell
Feb 05, 2010, 04:08 PM
People can do various setups.....some want medium price parts, some want very low priced parts (from china), and some want cream of crop parts.

It is all good, as long as people have fun building what they want.

So if someone wants to get low priced 55mm EDF's, well (2) of them can still be affordable for many.

For my personal taste at this time, I want top quality motor, but medium price EDF. I'm sure my taste, desires and needs will change.

I appreciate seeing various people's various efforts.

It is usually better to make informed decisions...that way people have no regrets in future.

Gryphon
Feb 05, 2010, 04:13 PM
Glue some EDF's off the A-10 on it!

Quick Reply