Sep 26, 2006, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manuel v
My stryker.
manual,

Nice looking Stryker. Can I ask what type of paint you used? I used Krylon for plastics on my first paint job of a new body. At first I thought it worked well...then I noticed that the foam is now "bumpy", not smooth like it is from the factory. I think it swelled the styrofoam. We'll see how it performs...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2006, 08:35 PM
For any type of foam I use acrylicas paintings of Wallmart. craft paint off $0.77 Dlls. 2oz. for some color in special. single I mix them.

Manuel.
Sep 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
wow
Sep 27, 2006, 09:49 PM
Just here to fly stuff
Thread OP
Wow, that is pretty cool paint work. Question. I had to finally retire my Stryker airframe. It looked like crap and after a run in with a fence, it finally cried uncle. I had two previous accidents.
But, even without the accidents, my Stryker did not maintain the factory clean look long, and after a few belly landings the surface started to get scared up. I notice this with my F27Bs. After about 10 flights they would get a little ratty, and each airframe was good for about 20 flight before it looked rough.
I am going to build another Stryker, but I would like it to last a while. How do you keep that new foam plane look....other than not crashing into things.
Sep 27, 2006, 10:14 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadSled
How do you keep that new foam plane look....other than not crashing into things.
Clear packing tape and hand catching.

FC
Sep 28, 2006, 11:14 PM
Live, Die, FLY
I have a good friend named Harley, he flys for Bob Violet Models (BVM). He told me one way to add strength is to mix white glue, and water, and apply one or 2 coats. As for the bottom, I have been experamenting with Aluminum plates. I put a DX6 and a new stryker body on hold, gonna try and get her running befor this weekend. Even tho my original stryker is falry beat up, still flys like a champ.

-Dustin
Sep 29, 2006, 09:38 AM

Battery ?

The Parkzone battery that came with the stock stryker C has a different balaning plug than my TP batteries. Does anyone have an adpater plug or know the wiring diagram of the parkzone battery?
Thanks
Sep 29, 2006, 09:37 PM
Just here to fly stuff
Thread OP
Need some help. I am trying to move my F27C speed control, motor, and battery to my Airtronics computer radio and Hitec 6 channel receiver. When I get everything installed and hook up the battery, I can not get the engine to arm. I have servo control, and I get the "music" from the speed control, but I do not get the engine arm "tone" and control of the engine.
When I hook everything up to the Parkzone Radio and receiver it works normal.
Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Sep 30, 2006, 04:34 AM
My first Build
sounds like the throttle isn't arming for sure. Try reversing your throttle on the radio. You're entering programming mode.

Oops, forgot. Check the throttle trim too!
Last edited by radralph; Sep 30, 2006 at 04:58 AM.
Sep 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
Live, Die, FLY
any tips on installing the DX6 Reciver?

-Dustin
Sep 30, 2006, 11:38 AM
My first Build
Why not place it where it suits your CG best? Double sided tape will do it.
Sep 30, 2006, 02:27 PM
The sky is my playground.
Hey guys, I have a E-flite Six series 2700KV motor kicking around....I had it in my PZ mustang till....well, it wasn't pretty. Anyone have any idea of the perfomance I might expect to see if it put this in my Stryker. As I understand the F-27C uses a 1800kv motor and gets 79mph... Acording to the Horizon page, I could a 5 x 4 to 6 x 5.5 direct drive prop with the 2700kv. I have an F-27A, which I would convert over to 72 mhz. I'm would be using a tp-2100 mah 3 cell. I'm thinking 90-95 mph, but not 100% sure, really just guessing. Thanks for your time.
Sep 30, 2006, 02:50 PM
slap that motor on a stryker and head for the sky! it only takes a few minutes and you'll have your answer in no time

seriously, though, if an 1800kV motor can push the stryker to near 80mph i'm pretty sure that a 2700kV will do quite well. i'm running a mega 16/15/4 (2200kV) on 10cell pack of ib1200s (NiMH) and i barely kept up with my buddy's stock stryker C. i blame a lack of full charge on my part, but i also know the lipo output/weight benefits were beating me down.

considering how easy it is to swap gear on these, i would have been done testing a different motor before i finished typing out the question here..

oh, i haven't found a prop that i like more than the apc 6x4e
Sep 30, 2006, 04:51 PM
The sky is my playground.
Yeah...well right now I am away at work...tugboat...so I am trying to decide if I wanna spend the money on things like HS-81 MG's or not... I'll be home in a few days. If I can push my stryker to the near 100 MPH range...seems like that could be fun and most definately worth it.
Sep 30, 2006, 05:29 PM
If it floats....sail it!
Trust me....you need the HS-81MG or HS-65's. The HS-55's will work only until you land with the elevons down one time and you will strip the fine little teeth on the 55's. They can be replaced but it is a PITA and your flying is done for the day. Once I went to the 81-MG's it has been rock solid and have never touched the servos again.

As far as the 2700Kv motor....that is waaaaaay hot for 3S1P 2100 mAh cells; even good ones. I am running a 2500Kv Medusa on a Multiplex FunJet and it is FAST as well as pulling down close to the limit of the MaxAmps 2100HV cells (equal or better than the TP-2100 PL's IMO). This is on an APC 6x4.

You could drop down some in prop size, but the thrust will be less causing problems on launch....but it will probably be veryvery fast. MotoGuess says 35A on a 6x4, or 30A with over 100 mph tip speed (but very stalled at low speeds) on a Graupner 5.5x4.3. It would be a challenge to hand launch but once on step it would really go. Of course you could just use the 6x4 and limit the WOT....yeah sure

FC

Quick Reply