Feb 11, 2013, 01:51 PM
ICrashRCs
Welcome to the Lightweight Stryker Thread:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1155928

Just Flyin' - Lite Stryker in heavy winds (5 min 45 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2013, 01:56 PM
Arcteryxxx , was it this one

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=150870363999
Feb 11, 2013, 02:50 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brolley
That's the one!
I need to get me another one. It's become blurry in the center - probably caused by me flying towards the sun for too long in a video I made last autumn.
Feb 17, 2013, 11:49 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
I have a lightweight Stryker build on the bench.

And, here's my GoPro version. (Can't have too many Strykers! )
Feb 18, 2013, 11:57 PM
Here is my X-ray stryker.

Name: xraystryker1.jpg
Views: 129
Size: 85.7 KB
Description:

Name: xraystryker2.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 87.1 KB
Description:

Name: xraystryker3.jpg
Views: 93
Size: 78.9 KB
Description:

Name: xraqystryker4.jpg
Views: 104
Size: 94.5 KB
Description:
Feb 19, 2013, 01:10 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Bad to the bone?
How did you cover it? Packing tape?
How strong is it compared to a stock fuselage? Looks awesome, tho
Feb 19, 2013, 02:43 AM
I love it.

Gryphon
Feb 24, 2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Guy's, i am new to stryker...I bought a radjet a while back, and love it,but this stryker seems to have exactly what i need... i am building from parts ..Anyone which motor and prop from HK works best...?..i want to run 3s 2200mah and also be able to run 4s using this motor...i am looking for a 90-110mph on 3s if possible...Please point me in the right direction so i can order what i need and get this show on the road thax
Feb 24, 2013, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash
Hi Guy's, i am new to stryker...I bought a radjet a while back, and love it,but this stryker seems to have exactly what i need... i am building from parts ..Anyone which motor and prop from HK works best...?..i want to run 3s 2200mah and also be able to run 4s using this motor...i am looking for a 90-110mph on 3s if possible...Please point me in the right direction so i can order what i need and get this show on the road thax

its not HK ,but i had used this one,on one of my strykers for over a year . your going to have to reinforce the wings , altough this motor doesnt make the stryker blazing fast , with out the carbon rod it still flexed the wings . i speedo it at 105mph with this motor . it kept me intertained for a summer
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...450-Jet/Detail
Feb 25, 2013, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
its not HK ,but i had used this one,on one of my strykers for over a year . your going to have to reinforce the wings , altough this motor doesnt make the stryker blazing fast , with out the carbon rod it still flexed the wings . i speedo it at 105mph with this motor . it kept me intertained for a summer
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...450-Jet/Detail
thax sandman,Motor looks great..can u tell me if it fit using the stock motor mount?Also what prop and battery did you use? also it looks like this motor mounts from shaft side..is this the way stock stryker mount is designed for?..sorry i just ordered stryker today and have never seen one up close... UPDATE!.I just ordered this motor it is 520 watt on 3s and had some great reviews http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html ...thax for the help
Last edited by hate2crash; Feb 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM.
Feb 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs
Hi Ifly...what battery and motor u use? and is COG set in same location as stock? Also since this with be my first stryker build where is best COG location for my fast 3s setup i told u about in the funsky thread?thx again
Feb 25, 2013, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3
I have a lightweight Stryker build on the bench.

And, here's my GoPro version. (Can't have too many Strykers! )
Nice Zaurak, do u just use regular spray paint or wll it eat this foam and does regular CA work or does require foam safe...thax
Feb 25, 2013, 12:49 PM
ICrashRCs
Use regular CA.
I like the CG in the front half of the finger holes.

I assume your're asking me about the higher power planes and not the lightweights.
I've run the 2836 2350 and 3200kv motors. 3200 with 3s 2200 and 2350 with 4s 1800 and Compact 2200s.

Most everyone recommends the aluminum custom motor mount for high power C models.
I've gotten by fine so far on stock. Their definition of high power around here is a bit(lot) above what we are running.

I did have to use a dremel sanding drum and hollow out my mount a little on the 4s plane. I had no issue running 3s but when I moved it up to 4s seems the higher rpms would let it touch the mount and start melting it. Once it starts melting it snowballs into a mess.

There can be an issue with steering at high speed. Some folks make balsa elevons to solve that problem. There's info in this thread about it.
Just wanted you to be aware of it before flying. It's hard to turn right under full power at full speed.

You'll have fun with it and hopefully you won't have any of these issues to deal with.
I love running it full bore straight up out in front of me til it's a tiny, tiny speck and then floating it all the way back down. And do it again. Let's the motor cool and gives you long flight times.
This thing is an amazing floater if you haven't heard that yet.

Anxious to hear your maiden report.
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Feb 25, 2013 at 12:58 PM.
Feb 25, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
i have the het 2w25 on a stryker , i dont remember who recomend that set up but its a great set up for a good 120+ mph . as for the motor from headsuprc.com
i have the powerup 450 jet motor its a 2950 kv motor. it pushes one for my funjets to around 115mph on a 3s 2650 30c battery with a 6x4 prop . that motor goes for around 25.00 bucks ,can go with a 4s and smaller prop to probably get more mph ,but ive never tried it .
Hi Sandman..Thats very fast for 3s....using this setup were your temps very low or pretty hot...? Ps is fun jet same size weight as stryker basically...i know stryker has another 6'' span but have never owned either of them...thx
Feb 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
Thax i flyrc...i may need a picture or measurement for cog location,but all else is good...i just have to wait for parts..thx again

Quick Reply