Jul 09, 2012, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalMatCat
Eep! If it had nosed into the ground at that speed I don't think there would be much left but foam confetti :P
no damage at all i was surprised . that grass is like 6 feet tall so the grass basically slowed the plane down to a halt .

[IMG][/IMG] this is a pic of where i lost a plane last year . my stryker was more or less around that same area .
Last edited by THESANDMAN; Jul 09, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2012, 07:15 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
how ironic that i did the same exact thing EXECPT i wasnt so lucky i didnt recover from the dive , and it was elephant grass( or what they call it at the fieldi fly in) any way i heard the sounds ,but that was about it . it took me an hour to find her. not to mention it was around 95 degrees here in NYC so it was a brutal search for me
Where abouts in NYC are you flying around with that grass ?
The Fairgrounds ?
Flushing Meadows ?
Jul 10, 2012, 08:38 AM
Static Model Collector LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by takisgiann
How did you mount the camera, can you post some pics

Thanks,

FCA
Jul 10, 2012, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN
no damage at all i was surprised . that grass is like 6 feet tall so the grass basically slowed the plane down to a halt .

[IMG][/IMG] this is a pic of where i lost a plane last year . my stryker was more or less around that same area .
Guess I should only be flying where the grass is tall....

:-)
Jul 10, 2012, 04:34 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Bamboo?
Jul 10, 2012, 04:39 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Pine and fir
Jul 10, 2012, 04:48 PM
FPV Electronics For Life!
Reminds me of the time I had to make an emergency landing with my Bixler while flying FPV, had to land 200 meters out in 3 foot tall grass, when I got to the plane it was safely sitting in the grass less then 24 inches from a barbed wire fence :P.
Jul 10, 2012, 09:31 PM
2 min of flight from today, too bad my 808 cam quits recording after roughly 2 min!

Stryker 808 Cam (2 min 26 sec)
Jul 11, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparmyway
Where abouts in NYC are you flying around with that grass ?
The Fairgrounds ?
Flushing Meadows ?

marine park (gerritsen beach.) near coney island theres a club there R.S.C.M.P
Jul 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
BLAH! Bad hand launch = Broken nose (easy to fix), broke motor mount, threw prop (unbroken actually), and lost the nose that holds the prop to the motor shaft .
Jul 14, 2012, 11:22 AM
what ya mean i have to land?
i've found that by attaching the nose with magnets saves the front end from crumpling,everytime you have a bad throw or landing,it,pops off and absorbs the shock.just got my new stryker done,has landing gear cause it's a fat pig.mega 22/30/2 motor,200a esc,hv bec 5s batt for now,will try 6s later.should be good
Jul 14, 2012, 11:52 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
On my heavies, the nose cones are completely glassed and firmly attached to the rest of the fuse. The nose-to-tail CF tube is embedded in it also. On my lighter go-to the nose cone is attached with melt glue and has a skin of white duct tape. Makes it a deformable but easy repairable bumper that stays in place no matter what happens....
Jul 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
The Kid

Interesting Prop

I'm not sure how many on this forum have interacted with these props. I was going through old equipment and stumbled across it again. I had always meant to post up a picture.

This is an older 5.7x3 APC prop. It has a nice heavy hub, which is something the modern 5.7x3 and 6x4 props lack
Jul 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
Why the dirt on the wings?
Reliability and quality will allways be sacraficed for profit(s).
Its a sad story, but I bet there isnt any other reason.

Hows your geared/gearbox project coming along ?
Jul 31, 2012, 06:51 AM

Not enough power

I just got a new Stryker and I can't even get it in the air... Batteries are fully powered to 3 cells... Am I missing something? Is there something in the setup I missed? Thoughts?