Aug 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
The sky is my playground.
Thread OP
New Product

Hangar 9 Spitfire MKII 60 Size...

Hey check this out...be the first kid on your block to own one of these...
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN4250
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2006, 03:51 PM
hey cool ~

Does H9 have an aversion to axis birds ? No complaint ,I have the P-40 converted and their stuff flies well ,,, but I'd like to see them do a 190 or 109 ,,,judging by your avatar I'm sure you would too

Thanks and take care
Aug 26, 2006, 05:55 PM
Excuse me while I take a cold shower

Wow...very nice indeed. Although is it just me or does the fuselage in front of the cockpit look a little "off" somehow. Still...looks good...just...I can't put my finger on it.

Ahhhh now if only Alfa would get moving on the spit we keep hearing rumors about.

How well does H9 stuff convert to electric?

Cheers Mike
Aug 26, 2006, 08:01 PM
Quote:
How well does H9 stuff convert to electric?
GREAT !

http://www.back40flyers.com/flightvids/H9P40.WMV
Aug 26, 2006, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, the canopy is bigger, the cowl look kinda small, and horizontal looks a little bigger than it should...plus the gear looks little funky (wide and short), but as we know H9 strives for flight performance more than "scale." Still not bad, and it's nice see something new and different from than other than US warbirds.
Aug 27, 2006, 05:28 AM
I need more ceiling!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Nine
Yeah, the canopy is bigger, the cowl look kinda small, and horizontal looks a little bigger than it should...plus the gear looks little funky (wide and short), but as we know H9 strives for flight performance more than "scale." Still not bad, and it's nice see something new and different from than other than US warbirds.
To my eye, they did a pretty good job. Not sure about the canopy being too big but the horizontal looks okay... well perhaps a little bit tall. Cowl seems about right from the side but looks bulbous in the middle photo. The LG are definitely too widely spaced compared to the full-sized but that was probably done to keep it from being too squirrely on the ground.
Last edited by sting35; Aug 27, 2006 at 05:35 AM.
Aug 27, 2006, 09:10 AM
Don't get me wrong, I think it looks great...just something isn't exactly right.

I can't put my fingure on it but I think it might be a mix of the cowl seeming to bulge out a little just above the exhausts (its a bit square looking), a little like the later griffin models, creating a very flat upper surface, and also the cockpit. The curve of the malcom hood just seems a little off.

But again...minor quibbles...she is a definate beaut and I would love to have one in my hanger.

Cheers Mike

PS...actually looking at your first two pictures again there Sting, do you think the nose might be a tiny bit too long?...could that be it?
Aug 27, 2006, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
Well regardless of the nit picks...she's pretty neato and I'm sure will be a great flyer. I'll be curious to see how the plane handles with the flaps. On the real Spitfire--atleast the earlier versions, the flaps were just "brakes" they dropped to a near 90 degree angle and were either up or down... Although I'm slow on the logged flight time on my H9 Mustang...I kinda wish it had flaps, more as brakes than anything else...but whatever
Aug 28, 2006, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Swamp Fox
hey cool ~

Does H9 have an aversion to axis birds ? No complaint ,I have the P-40 converted and their stuff flies well ,,, but I'd like to see them do a 190 or 109 ,,,judging by your avatar I'm sure you would too

Thanks and take care
Another Spit in the market
Aug 28, 2006, 04:52 AM
I need more ceiling!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Richards
PS...actually looking at your first two pictures again there Sting, do you think the nose might be a tiny bit too long?...could that be it?
By jove, I think you've nailed it. Maybe the hind end was a bit heavy so they had to lengthen it. But, I agree with the general sentiment expressed by others here that it sho is purdy.
Aug 28, 2006, 06:46 AM
Planes from 1oz to 55lb's
Why is it so shiney??!!

Thats whats wrong.

otherwise, nice plane.

simo10
Aug 28, 2006, 04:37 PM
know it all
if you look at the top view, it is as long as the wingspan.. I tought warbirds were short coupled.. if you look at the other warbirds they share the same proportions. Take a look and let me know what you think, the picture does not describe the written dimensions.

Herm
Aug 28, 2006, 06:58 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
I don't like the bulge in the cowl. Why did they does this? It can't be for glow engine clearance. They did a good job on the other warbirds. I'm a little disappointed.

Kelvin
Aug 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
OK...since we are talking spits...any news from Alfa? Wasn't there supposed to be something coming in the fall? Anything new?
Cheers Mike

Quick Reply