Jan 18, 2016, 10:39 PM
Thread OP
hi adnanbrc,
welcome to rcgroups! nice to see another mig-21 coming to life. i used 6mm foam for the vast majority of the build. there is some light ply as well. 1/4" FFF is about 6mm. the filler i used was light weight spackle (make sure it is the light weight version). i apply it and let it dry and then sand it down smooth. hope that helps.
-beanie
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2016, 05:20 AM
Just a small update. My build is progressing, I've fiberglassed 95% of plane (except canopy) and at this stage plane is 1350g (47 oz) not including motor, ESC and battery.

At first, It looks like I made a mistake by choosing XPS foam as base, because with fiberglass it is heavier than expected. So, right now I'm looking for motor/ESC/prop combo that will lift this bird to air - the only restriction is prop size - it can't be larger than 9 inch. My choice is D3542/6 1000kv / 50A esc / 9x6 apc powering from 2700mah 4s. With this in included RTF weight will be around 67-70 oz but I doubt it will be enough..any suggestions? Thanks.

Regards,
Marko
May 08, 2016, 11:00 AM
Adding some build images (before fiberglassing)
May 08, 2016, 01:46 PM
Thread OP
wow. looking SWEET!!! that canopy area looks awesome!
-beanie
May 08, 2016, 04:32 PM
Really nice.

Den
May 17, 2016, 11:59 PM
Very nice with this wings you are ready for high speed

Best regards to beanie and hans joachim after long long time no see
May 18, 2016, 12:34 AM
Thread OP
hi stephan! it's been a long time. how've you been doing? what's on your build plate currently?
-beanie
May 18, 2016, 11:27 AM
I lost my password and email account thanks to the andministrators i have it back !

The last years i lived in the city far away from aeromodelling, but recently i spend more time in my old country. I bought a new Radio Remote Control and dust off your old mig 15.

I have a new projekt i try to enlarge a geli model i have bought a few paper kits of this small 1:33 planes
predestined them to enlarge and make them airworthy with depron. First I think about the Saab J29

and how are you ?
do you have a new modell under construction ?
Last edited by Stephan Wagenhof; May 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM.
May 18, 2016, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
that looks awesome! i've been out of r/c for a while and have recently re-entered. i've been building a lot of the FliteTest planes for fun. they fly great. I've got a miniaturized version of my F-105 that's on the building block... but been sidelined by a few FT projects. i have my F-101 that i haven't built yet, but one of my beta testers built and flew it... looked great in the air. i wanna get back to some swing wings at some point. i'm thinking about a 1/6th scale P-40. i've seen some others do a wonderful job on it and wanna get it go as my flying skills improve.
keep flying and building my friend. please post progress pics of your builds.
-beanie
May 19, 2016, 10:31 AM
Living a Dream
It feels good to read and hear from you Stephan!!
Greetings
HJ
May 19, 2016, 02:33 PM
Thank you Hans !
nice to see that you still in the r/c hobby and forum
best regards
May 29, 2016, 03:02 AM
And some more canopy work. Instrument panels are printed on foil and glued on balsa/foam/plastic parts - basically everything I had at hand at that moment. I've mixed the color of interior with basic blue and green acrylic colors wiht little bit of white to get near printed color.

Regards,
Marko
May 29, 2016, 03:11 AM
Btw, plane is almost ready and it has a Croatian unique paint scheme ,
I'll post some more pictures in next days.

Now, on the dark side - The main problem I have here is the weight which is 90 oz (2.55kg) RTF
I have SK3 3542 1250kv, 9x6 apc thin prop and 4000mah 4s battery. I've had short flying time in first flight (plane was 2.3kg - about 4 minutes tops), and now when finishing the plane, its 200g heavier (color, canopy windows etc.). If there is no prop size limit (because of elevator to elevator space) I would not be in trouble...

Regards,
Marko
May 29, 2016, 07:22 AM
Thread OP
wow, that is lookin' sharp!!!
-beanie
May 29, 2016, 08:59 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohr
Btw, plane is almost ready and it has a Croatian unique paint scheme ,
I'll post some more pictures in next days.

Now, on the dark side - The main problem I have here is the weight which is 90 oz (2.55kg) RTF
I have SK3 3542 1250kv, 9x6 apc thin prop and 4000mah 4s battery. I've had short flying time in first flight (plane was 2.3kg - about 4 minutes tops), and now when finishing the plane, its 200g heavier (color, canopy windows etc.). If there is no prop size limit (because of elevator to elevator space) I would not be in trouble...

Regards,
Marko
Amazing job on the B variant. Can't wait to see the finished pictures. I am guessing that the WOW factor is well worth the added weight.

David

Quick Reply