****GWS-38: The Aviation Legend **** - Page 56 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 05, 2006, 09:15 PM
AMA 353531
How did your weights come out?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2006, 09:30 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Awesome, I like both of your flight reports. It's nice to see someone try the Towerpro 2410-18's on this... on 8x6 props did she have nice speed?

How about the 2410-12's on 8x4's, was the speed nice on it?

-Chris
Nov 05, 2006, 10:20 PM
swede
Maybe someone should start a poll entitled "What is the CG of your GWS38?"
Since I donít have one yet, Iíll leave that honor to someone who does.
Nov 05, 2006, 10:28 PM
Jack of all trades!
REDIS: I need to make something up to be able to get all three wheel on the scale. I am getting around to that.. Maybe in a day or two..

BLAZE: Yes I thought the 8x6's did pretty good. I think they would do better with a diffrent battery, the 10C battery loses a bit of voltage. I flew for about 6-8 minutes and landed and took off twice and just charged the battery. It took 1200mah, so not too shaby. 8x6, should give me about 48mph pitch speed, I flew most of the flight at about 2/3 throttle.

I am going to try to get out tommorow to try to take some video..

Chris
Nov 05, 2006, 10:43 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Chris

We didn't radar it but with the 2409-12 on the 8*4's it was "comfortably" fast. It never outflew my comfort zone but covered ground pretty quickly. We will try to get a radar gun out there next weekend. Regardless, it did motivate well with the TowerPro motors.

Jim
Nov 05, 2006, 11:34 PM
CD-ROM Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Maybe someone should start a poll entitled "What is the CG of your GWS38?"
Since I donít have one yet, Iíll leave that honor to someone who does.
Someone might want to plug the numbers into this CG calculator and see what you get?
http://www.coloradogliders.com/cente...calculator.htm
Nov 06, 2006, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
Someone might want to plug the numbers into this CG calculator and see what you get?
Art I did and the CG is definitely more than 60 mm back from the LE. I measured up my GWS-38, entered the figures into the spread sheet, using the convetional CG figure of 33% MAC, and got an answer of 80.3 mm.

A rearward CG position of 40% MAC gives a figure of 93 mm.

Ken
Nov 06, 2006, 01:01 PM
Congrat Jim,
You will have to bring it by the hangar sometime so I can take a look. I really want to get a P-38 but am not sure which one to go with. I will try to make it out next weekend.

Cheers,
Brant
Nov 06, 2006, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Newland
good link.
Nov 06, 2006, 02:41 PM
Unrepentant Carnivore
Thanks Brant

Todd is finishing his also. PM sent.

Jim
Nov 06, 2006, 11:23 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
Here's a preview of my 38. I hope to maiden it this weekend.
Nov 06, 2006, 11:41 PM
It's great ! Are you trying to apply two servos for the tail, elevator
and rudder ?

Chen
Nov 07, 2006, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS CHEN
It's great ! Are you trying to apply two servos for the tail, elevator
and rudder ?

Chen
From the pics, he does have one servo conencted to a rudder. It cannot be ascertained whether he has a connector wire on top of the elevator to slave the other rudder though.

On mine, I do have two servos as well(same locations as dogon has his at), but both are working the elevator. My "rudder" is done by differential engine power.
Nov 07, 2006, 04:22 AM
Hi Kahloq,

It seems applying single servo for elevator is enough, so I thought
it would be a reserve for applying rudder on the other one.

Differential thrust could be done on an advanced transmitter like yours. A simple transmitter like GWS one needs to apply rudder on GWS-38 with some mechanical tricks. I think that controlling
differentil thrust would be a challenge, it's more sensitive than rudder. It's great you could handle it well.

Chen
Nov 07, 2006, 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
From the pics, he does have one servo conencted to a rudder. It cannot be ascertained whether he has a connector wire on top of the elevator to slave the other rudder though.
By enlarging the photo and adjusting the brightness, contrast and saturation I could just make out a rod passing from the rudder on the RH side to the rudder on the LH side of the photo. Maybe dogon1013 could take a more detailed photo for us as the dark background makes it dificult to see anything. dogon1013 place a sheet of paper under the control horns to make everything more visible.

Ken