****GWS-38: The Aviation Legend **** - Page 188 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 28, 2018, 03:35 PM
Gator's here to see you:)
Well they're back... Since you mentioned this little P-38 I'll add that my heavily modded P-38 flies unbelievably sweet and it tears a hole in the sky w speed on 4s 2200 lipo. Landings are super easy and this little gal flares in very predictably. As it turns out all my concerns about tip stalls or folding in half at speed were for nothing.

It did have a near disaster when one of the firewalls tore loose in-flight at full speed, which is well over 60mph. In an unreal ending it just did an upright flat spin like a maple or pine tree seed and gently plopped down in some tall grass completely unharmed.

Maybe I'll do a quick hatcam video and a once over of my build highlights for anybody who might want to make something special out of an otherwise rather weak kit. It was a lot to get it strong and fast but the figuring is pretty much done if others want to try. Couldn't be happier with the final product.

Good luck to those who add this kit to their collection. Mike
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2018, 04:54 PM
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
Hi Gator.
Glad to hear you went that extra mile with the Munster P38. Those flights sound like mine. Sure is fun with the performance. Barely have to toss the plane. It just aggressively flies out of my hand on rails.I love the unlimited verticals. My grass is mowed and rolled. The plane slides in like on ice. So now you are getting what sounds like a similar experience. Careful on the big loops. I have to throttle back on the downside because of the torque. So darn much fun now.
**Neons** Bob

Quick Reply