Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 08, 2006, 12:14 AM
diligentia vis celeritas
gunracer's Avatar
horizon hobby has them up on their website..backordered two - nps white ($49.95) due early november...bl white ($79.95) due early december...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2006, 08:47 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
jamesdr's Avatar

I smell foam!!!!


In today's e-mail------------

Dear Early Bird Members,


Please be informed that only GWS-38 NPS in white version available for you through this program now.
Due to the waiting of some new parts to come, the shipment of GWS-38 color versions will be delayed.

We will use the samll quantity of sample parts we have now to fulfill your ordering around mid. of Sept.

Pricing information as below:

GWAEO023 (GWS-38 NPS in white version) @USD49.95

Shipping cost via EMS:

To US - USD35.20 per kit
To EU - USD38.20 per kit
To Australia - USD28.40 per kit
To Asia - USD24.60 per kit

Let me know if you are interested to order.

Best regards,

Joyce Hsing

Shipping is a bit of a shock but I was semi-prepared.

Jim
Sep 08, 2006, 09:16 AM
Ship first, Improve often
L0stS0ul's Avatar
Yup, looks like I'm goin dual BP-21's instead. I'm still gonna order mine. $85 shipped is not to bad. I've paid more for airframes I didn't care about lol.
Sep 08, 2006, 09:33 AM
MN WATTS Master
Vintauri's Avatar
I'm also going to wait for Horizon or Great Planes to have some in stock. Hope to see some pics of others that do opt to pay the shipping from China for the early bird kits.

Steve
Sep 08, 2006, 09:44 AM
Unrepentant Carnivore
jamesdr's Avatar
Come on Steve - Dive in!

I was hoping for the 2208 powered model first, as I was going to do the NPS model "right" after I got the first one bashed together. I'm thinking BP-12's (TowerPro 2409-12) for this one.

Jim
Sep 08, 2006, 10:10 AM
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Got the same email. Fortunately for me, that was the kit I was going to order anyway as I already have power systems for it. Going brushed 400's on D gear to start with. Looks like it's still another week out before they will ship though (Joyce says mid-September).

Pat
Latest blog entry: Nico Hobbies
Sep 08, 2006, 10:45 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Blaze.45's Avatar
omg... $35.20 for shipping. Thats such bull. I can pretty much buy a whole second kit with that.

I'm thinking maybe I'm gonna hold off.
Sep 08, 2006, 05:19 PM
Registered User
kahloq's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0stS0ul
Yup, looks like I'm goin dual BP-21's instead. I'm still gonna order mine. $85 shipped is not to bad. I've paid more for airframes I didn't care about lol.
Same here

Not sure of the power system I will use now that the 2208's wont be available. I do have a couple Park 370 outrunners lying around I bet would work well and I'd be able to use slightly larger props.
Sep 08, 2006, 05:26 PM
Seeing the Farside.
Blaze.45's Avatar

If I do order...


It's either BP21's, 12 Delta's, or GWS 2205-15's for me.

The GWS outrunners will save some weight, being a good 2-cell lipo runner.

-Chris
Sep 08, 2006, 06:11 PM
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze.45
It's either BP21's, 12 Delta's, or GWS 2205-15's for me.

The GWS outrunners will save some weight, being a good 2-cell lipo runner.

-Chris
I have just purchased two 2208s but I also have a Matched Pair of 2205s that I am thinking of trying. Here are the test results for the best propellers. The 7 x 5 APC seems to be the best one.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Sep 08, 2006 at 06:21 PM.
Sep 08, 2006, 06:23 PM
Ship first, Improve often
L0stS0ul's Avatar
I know, I'll go with two LittleScreamer parkjets lol. That would really make this thing haul lol Light and extremely fast
Sep 09, 2006, 12:36 PM
Registered User
Early bird members,

NPS will be avaialable soon and ready to ship to you. For BL motors & motor mounts, you are welcome to get from your local dealers. Use GWEMM28T BL Motor mounts will save you a lot of time.
Sep 09, 2006, 02:20 PM
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
dogon1013's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
Early bird members,

NPS will be avaialable soon and ready to ship to you. For BL motors & motor mounts, you are welcome to get from your local dealers. Use GWEMM28T BL Motor mounts will save you a lot of time.
Ray,

I just purchased 2 GWSBLM002 motors at my local hooby shop (Graves RC, Orlando, FL). But They didn't have the brushless motor mounts and said they were not available yet. Any chance we can get the brushless motor mounts in the GWS-38 NPS kits for earlybirds?

Since the brushless mounts are not out yet they are available thrue earlybird, right?
Sep 09, 2006, 05:34 PM
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogon1013
Ray,

I just purchased 2 GWSBLM002 motors at my local hooby shop (Graves RC, Orlando, FL). But They didn't have the brushless motor mounts and said they were not available yet.
Print off these pages of the GWS USA Catalogue and show them. Both the GWEMM28T mount and the GWEMM28A mount are shown as "In-Stock".

My records show that I purchased 6 GWEMM28T mounts on 12 July 2006 so these have been available for at least 2 months.

It would appear that your Local Hobby Shop is just too lazy to look.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Sep 09, 2006 at 05:41 PM.
Sep 09, 2006, 05:56 PM
MN WATTS Master
Vintauri's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Print off these pages of the GWS USA Catalogue and show them. Both the GWEMM28T mount and the GWEMM28A mount are shown as "In-Stock".

My records show that I purchased 6 GWEMM28T mounts on 12 July 2006 so these have been available for at least 2 months.

It would appear that your Local Hobby Shop is just too lazy to look.

Ken
If they were trying to get them from Great Planes they just became availible last week. Some are lazy others just have to wait for the distributors to actually have them in stock. Great Planes seems to be one of the last distributors to have GWS stuff in stock and for some LHS that is the main distributor.

Just an FYI.

Steve


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gws 二次大戰 名機 Gws-38 GWS CHEN Japan 6 Jan 01, 2007 10:36 AM
GWS-38 Twin Fighter Randori GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 154 Dec 13, 2006 02:35 PM
Discussion GWS-38 soon 廣營新的戰鬥機即將上市. GWS CHEN Taiwan 15 Dec 11, 2006 11:35 PM
New Product ****Must check GWS New Airplane GWS-38**** RAY GWS Product Announcements 24 Oct 25, 2006 11:21 PM
New Product GWS-38 (P-38 Lightning)... its here. Blaze.45 Hot Online Deals 18 Oct 05, 2006 12:39 PM