Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 01:42 AM
kahloq is offline
Find More Posts by kahloq
Registered User
kahloq's Avatar
Go the email from Joyce today Yeah! Ordered the white with 2208 BL.

BTW, those saying brushless makes the plane go too fast, no one said you had to use FULL throttle!!!!! But lighter engines makes for better flying and longer flights usually or the ability to use a bigger battery to make up the weight difference.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2006, 02:17 AM
Sequin is offline
Find More Posts by Sequin
study model

looks pretty nice!!! how much?


Old Aug 29, 2006, 04:42 AM
kensp is offline
Find More Posts by kensp
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Got an E mail from Joyce acknowledging my order for a GWAEO023D (GWS-38 BL2208 Twin White) Next step is an invoice giving costs, including postage, then payment and it on its way. It's kinda like when I was a kid waiting for Christmass.

Ken
Old Aug 29, 2006, 05:25 AM
RAY GWS is offline
Find More Posts by RAY GWS
Registered User
Dear All,



revised on 9/6/2006

Update you about the setting -- For you info.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/atta...hmentid=977719
Last edited by RAY GWS; Sep 05, 2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:34 AM
MERLIN V16 is offline
Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar

Shipping Cost???


Can any one from past experience say how much shipping would be?
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:38 AM
crxmanpat is offline
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Probably around US $25. That's just a rough guess though.

Pat
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:08 AM
MERLIN V16 is offline
Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Probably around US $25. That's just a rough guess though.

Pat
Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:20 AM
kensp is offline
Find More Posts by kensp
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN V16
Can any one from past experience say how much shipping would be?
Taiwan Post Office rates for EMS to USA

For 2.5 Kg EMS is about US$35. Delivery 4-5 Days.

I believe the Formosa II early birds were bulk air shipped to GWS USA and then shipped separately to individuals. My Formosa II came direct from Taiwan to Australia and cost me US$ 23.50. Delivery was 3 days. My Formosa II was about 2.5 Kg

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Aug 29, 2006 at 10:34 AM.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:33 AM
crxmanpat is offline
Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Foam abuser!
crxmanpat's Avatar
Isn't it funny how much we are all willing to pay to get this kit? I get paid on Thursday and had plans to pick up two sloper kits, the Corsair and the Me-109. They are $30 each. Now, I have to drop the Me-109 to cover the postage for this plane. No worries though, maybe I will pick up th Me-109 next month, or put it on my Christmas wish list.

Pat
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:33 PM
dogon1013 is offline
Find More Posts by dogon1013
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
dogon1013's Avatar
Here's a paint scheme I am seriously considering. I think it's Red 61's avatar.

http://p38whitelightnin.com/



mostly white with some red accents and blue stripes. should be fairly easy to spot in the sky too (as long as it's not all white clouds).
Old Aug 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
Blaze.45 is offline
Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Seeing the Farside.
Blaze.45's Avatar
Wow, that site has some of the best stories.

Oh, and I now hate Red Bull for taking the ol Gal away
Old Aug 29, 2006, 04:26 PM
MERLIN V16 is offline
Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
Taiwan Post Office rates for EMS to USA

For 2.5 Kg EMS is about US$35. Delivery 4-5 Days.

I believe the Formosa II early birds were bulk air shipped to GWS USA and then shipped separately to individuals. My Formosa II came direct from Taiwan to Australia and cost me US$ 23.50. Delivery was 3 days. My Formosa II was about 2.5 Kg

Ken
Thanks for the info Ken.
I guess shipping will be about one motor (L/R).:-)
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:38 PM
dogon1013 is offline
Find More Posts by dogon1013
Watts Rule, Glows Drool
dogon1013's Avatar
it sounded to me like red bull was the only one with enough money to really give that plane the attention and care it needed. I'm just worried about what happens to it when red bull goes under. (if it goes under)
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:43 PM
kensp is offline
Find More Posts by kensp
Registered User
kensp's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Isn't it funny how much we are all willing to pay to get this kit? I get paid on Thursday and had plans to pick up two sloper kits, the Corsair and the Me-109. They are $30 each. Now, I have to drop the Me-109 to cover the postage for this plane. No worries though, maybe I will pick up th Me-109 next month, or put it on my Christmas wish list.

Pat
A least with the Early Birds we know we have a kit. I think that GWS-38s will be in short supply, in LHSs, till after Christmass. When they arrive in LHSs they will not even stay there long enough to be put on the shelves.

Ken
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:50 PM
MERLIN V16 is offline
Find More Posts by MERLIN V16
Never Trade Luck for Skill
MERLIN V16's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
A least with the Early Birds we know we have a kit. I think that GWS-38s will be in short supply, in LHSs, till after Christmass. When they arrive in LHSs they will not even stay there long enough to be put on the shelves.

Ken
Ok
I'll pay the $$$$$$$$$ for shipping!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Gws 二次大戰 名機 Gws-38 GWS CHEN Japan 6 Jan 01, 2007 11:36 AM
GWS-38 Twin Fighter Randori GWS (Grand Wing Servo) 154 Dec 13, 2006 03:35 PM
Discussion GWS-38 soon 廣營新的戰鬥機即將上市. GWS CHEN Taiwan 15 Dec 12, 2006 12:35 AM
New Product ****Must check GWS New Airplane GWS-38**** RAY GWS Product Announcements 24 Oct 26, 2006 12:21 AM
New Product GWS-38 (P-38 Lightning)... its here. Blaze.45 Hot Online Deals 18 Oct 05, 2006 01:39 PM