This thread is privately moderated by RAY GWS, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 05, 2007, 05:33 AM
Find More Posts by kensp
I have just discovered these on the United Hobbies web site. GWS 8 x 4 and 9 x 5 three blade right and left hand propellers. Look down at the bottom of the page.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2007, 07:41 AM
Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
Lori, hey, you're home early
I just emailed UH to see if I can add these to my unposted order. Seems there's a lag time between ordering and posting. I paid for my order on 5/28 and they haven't sent it yet. My work to my advantage if I can add these props.

Mike
Old Jun 05, 2007, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by Red 61
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by denial15
Here you go.
Interesting -- looks like you hit it with a heat gun...

By the way, I dig the logo at the wing root -- the same as your RCGroups avitar... What is that logo anyway?
Old Jun 05, 2007, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by denial15
swede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
Interesting -- looks like you hit it with a heat gun...

I did. Accidentally though. The heat gun was solar powered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 61
By the way, I dig the logo at the wing root -- the same as your RCGroups avitar... What is that logo anyway?
It's from the Swedish 231st. Recce Squadron "Wolfeye". The ME109 was done in Swedish markings. My family is Swedish; it doesn't have any family ties other than the heritage. It was my intent to add that nose art to all of my planes, but I just haven't made the water slides yet.
Old Jun 05, 2007, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by kahloq
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
I have just discovered these on the United Hobbies web site. GWS 8 x 4 and 9 x 5 three blade right and left hand propellers. Look down at the bottom of the page.

Ken
Went ahead and placed an order for 1 set of each including the counter-rotating. The pitch is rather low, but...we'll see if they do ok.
Old Jun 05, 2007, 11:38 PM
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahloq
Went ahead and placed an order for 1 set of each including the counter-rotating. The pitch is rather low, but...we'll see if they do ok.
Yeah, I thought the pitch was a little low as well. I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Old Jun 06, 2007, 02:07 AM
Find More Posts by kensp
The GWS-38 is 1/13th scale, so the scale top speed for this model would be 414/13 = apoximately 32 MPH. A GWS-38 with pair of GWS 2208-18s fitted with the 9 x 5 three blade propellers and using 3 cells would have a top speed of around 40 MPH.

If you want to have scale 3 bladed right and left hand rotating propellers why would you want to have a scale speed of more than 520 mph.

Ken
Last edited by kensp; Jun 06, 2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2007, 02:30 AM
Find More Posts by jamesdr
Unrepentant Carnivore
But scale speed is so slow........

Jim
Old Jun 06, 2007, 02:55 AM
Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdr
But scale speed is so slow........

Jim
.......there is always the "Zagi"
Old Jun 06, 2007, 03:55 AM
Find More Posts by kensp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljimb0
.......there is always the "Zagi"
Or the new GWS-15 on four cells.

Ken
Old Jun 06, 2007, 04:17 AM
Find More Posts by chewytm
Hi, has anyone put up a new thread on the F-15 build?

chewy
Old Jun 06, 2007, 08:38 AM
Outcast outlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensp
The GWS-38 is 1/13th scale, so the scale top speed for this model would be 414/13 = apoximately 32 MPH. A GWS-38 with pair of GWS 2208-18s fitted with the 9 x 5 three blade propellers and using 3 cells would have a top speed of around 40 MPH.

If you want to have scale 3 bladed right and left hand rotating propellers why would you want to have a scale speed of more than 520 mph.

Ken
Well, someone can always use throttle control to fly "scale"... Wouldn't it be nice to have the OPTION to go a little faster, if someone wanted to slam the throttle to the firewall?

I'm flying my GWS ME-109 and GWS P-51 on an APC 8x8E prop. The amps are low (10.36 at WOT), the thrust is great (21.02 ounces), and the speed is excellent (50.91 MPH). Flight times are in the 20-minute range with my Tanic 3s 2220 mAh LiPos. There's only one airplane faster than mine at the field -- it's a wing, and draws more than 25 amps at WOT.
Old Jun 06, 2007, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Eljimb0
Suspended Account
Hi Red,
I agree with what you say.. but scale is scale ...(appearance and in flight) .. I'm sure if GWS bent those blades farther in pitch.. say 7 or 8 pitch ...the blades would need to be stronger and heavier and shaped differently. Those APC blades look like "Vulcan toe-nails" to me (ick!). There is always some end sacrifice associated with early on engineering decisions.. I'm glad they made them the way they did.. It was a bold marketing decision to go for it..
Thank you GWS,
jimbo
Old Jun 06, 2007, 02:34 PM
Outcast outlaw
Agreed -- I'm glad GWS did it.

As for the "Vulcan toe-nails" -- a little black spray paint (and a little yellow paint for the prop tips) makes them look really nice.