Aug 24, 2006, 01:56 AM
Seeing the Farside.
OMG OMG OMG!

Just got the Early Bird email! Replied already

So $49.95, and how much is shipping? I'll take two.

-Chris
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2006, 02:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkJeff
Hi Ray,

Photos of both EPS and Outrunner versions would be good. Hope you guys get the planes shipped out real soon. I've just bought all the equipment for a twin EPS brushless setup and am really keen to try it out on this plane. You think 400W is enough power?

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

It would be called -- Ultima Flying Monster!! Looking forward to see your video.

Actually I think many of flyers will get this one and modify it in many ways.
Once I get more info, I will post more here for your info. More thing to play or work on for this plane due to GWS38's scheme. I can imagine that it would sound like a real engine airplane when it fly.

We all will keep an eye on the progress of this project. As many of you all know it takes a long time for this product to come. I think this would be the last one to take so long. Running a plant & being a boss are not easy. Though I am not the boss or neither running a plant. I did see them all. RC market & industry is changing so fast too. We got copycats copying our servos or airplanes. Even copy our manual as the copycat's manual for the airplanes --same photos and instruction. Many issues going on here and there. We got to take it and move on. One good thing is that we do have the passion. Looking forward & move on is more pratical.

Keep flying.......Thank you all for supporting GWS.

Ray
Aug 24, 2006, 02:26 AM
Great.
I like twin motor planes
Looks good ray
can't wait to get 2,
I have
4 GWS A10's
3 C47's
I Islander D-fan
2 C130's
3 converted 747 gliders converted with GWS gear
wish I was a a experienced flyer so I could get one early
Steve MI
Aug 24, 2006, 02:42 AM
Thread OP
Hi Steve,

how are you doing? How is your puppy now? Still scare of your airplane or getting used to that now?

I read many threads from you. Thank you very much for sharing info with all of us. Your and your doc friends have been deeply into this hobby. Welcome to joint our early bird program. I am very sure that you are a well experienced flyer.

Ray
Aug 24, 2006, 03:34 AM
Thread OP
Price US$

GWAEO023--------GWS-38 NPS/White----------------49.95
GWAEO023A-------GWS-38 NPS/Siliver----------------59.95
GWAEO023B-------GWS-38 EPS300 Twin Siliver --------84.95
GWAEO023C-------GWS-38 BL2208 Twin Siliver --------89.95
Aug 24, 2006, 06:00 AM
Electric flyer
Great job men with this beautiful bird !
I have some GWS planes and i'm very interested in this P-38, how have this early bird ? (pre-fabrication plane ?)
Sorry, I dont understand very well all these posts.
Thanks,

A French GWS user
Aug 24, 2006, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAY GWS
Hi Steve,

how are you doing? How is your puppy now? Still scare of your airplane or getting used to that now?

I read many threads from you. Thank you very much for sharing info with all of us. Your and your doc friends have been deeply into this hobby. Welcome to joint our early bird program. I am very sure that you are a well experienced flyer.

Ray
You have a good Memory Ray, she walks on the runway before we fly but she never forgot that good bump about a year and half ago when Doc was landing a Corsair and hit her at slow speed with a wing tip, didn't hurt her just scared her so when we are landing she stays right by the flying bench just watching the planes land.
Looking forward to the 38, looks really good and knowing GWS product's it will fly well just stock.
Just reading the Specs on the brushless motor model, around 18 to 20 ounces of thrust depending on prop with a 11.2, that will be a speed demon. funny I just ordered one of the 2208-18 to try on some planes, its on back order from tower hobbies. I plan on using 2 cells, that will still give about 13. ounces of thrust
I am going to check in with Joyce to see about the 38, thats a nice touch with the rear landing gear bent in a circle to take shock and the front has a V bend which I always do on the front wheel,
Doesn't say if they have a gear box under there or direct drive, the photo looks like it should be a gear box under there.
I know the 350 with a A gear and a 9050 hyper drive flys a GWS ME109 really fast with a 2 cell 10 C battery and it weighs 16.5 ounces.
The new GWS38 with 2 of the above would really move with 2 A gears and the 9050 HP prop and a weight of 25 ounces , 9 more ounces with twice the thrust of my 16.5 ME109

I sent to get a early bird one a few minutes ago.
Last edited by steve ypsi mi; Aug 24, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
Aug 24, 2006, 08:47 AM
Wow a full plane with 2 brushless motors for under $90!?! That's awesome! Great job GWS!
Aug 24, 2006, 09:36 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Yeah I noticed that too Steve, great move on the coiled landing gear for shock absorbtion.

This baby should sell out... everywhere. And if not, I'll buy them all

Ray, is there any word on the type of foam used yet? Same as previous GWS planes? New?

-Chris
Aug 24, 2006, 09:47 AM
If u wind it it will run!
i have been wanting a p-38 for a long time
Aug 24, 2006, 10:39 AM
Houng-wen Lin

With GWS, your $$ still go strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedhippo
i have been wanting a p-38 for a long time
You can see many gas getting so expensive, looks like USD getting weaker?

With GWS, your $$ still go strong again!

Your waiting for GWS is worth, right?
Aug 24, 2006, 10:44 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
...looks like USD getting weaker?

Aww Mr. Lin... that was not cool to say.

Gas is getting more expensive because of world issues, and refineries not being able to refine oil fast enough for rising demand yet.

Without USD, China's economy wouldn't be half of what it is today.

Anyway, I'm glad you kept prices relatively low for us Mr. Lin... thank you for that.

-Chris
Aug 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
AMA 353531
What's the current draw on the different motor choices? We need to know which ESCs to buy!
Aug 24, 2006, 11:39 AM
1.21 Gigawatts!
Unfortunately it is true, dollar is currently at its weakest point in decades. If it wasn't for China's cheap manufacturers and fixed exchange rate, we'd be paying ALOT more for our hobby.
Aug 24, 2006, 11:57 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Common knowledge, but it's also common courtesy to not "poke" at a person for their flaws... especially if they are your biggest customer base.

-Chris

Quick Reply