Aug 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
New Product

**NEW** Great Planes ElectriFly Riot 3D EP ARF

**NEW** Great Planes ElectriFly Riot 3D EP ARF

Big 3D fun in a small package!

The Riot 3D is the easy, affordable way for modelers to get into 3D aerobatics! It’s a fun sport plane when flown with reduced control throws — but by maximizing the throws, the Riot is capable of the most extreme 3D maneuvers imaginable. Plus, the built-up wood construction will appeal to the traditional R/C modeler.

• Made of top-grade, laser-cut woods and covered in quality heat-shrink film.
• Sized for easy transportion.
• Available in solid white or transparent yellow, with a choice of 4 included decals sets.
• Comes with a complete package of Great Planes hardware.
• Brushless power delivers excellent flight performance, and the ElectriFly™ Rimfire™ 28-22-1380kV outrunner motor (GPMG4505) shown here is highly recommended.
• Experienced 3D pilots will appreciate the excellent yaw and pitch authority that the oversized rudder and elevators provide.

Specifications:
• Wingspan: 20.5 in (515 mm) • Wing Area: 235 in² (15.2 dm²) • RTF Weight: 7.4 oz (210-225 g) • Wing Loading: 4.5-4.9 oz/ft² (14-15 g/dm²) • Length: 22.75 in (580 mm) • Requires: brushless outrunner motor, 4-channel radio w/3 micro servos, 8A brushless ESC, prop, 3-cell LiPo battery & LiPo-compatible charger

GPMA1570 Riot 3D EP ARF Transparent Yellow Retail:$99.99 Street:$69.99
GPMA1571 Riot 3D EP ARF White Retail:$99.99 Street:$69.99

For more information please visit www.electrifly.com
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2006, 04:07 PM
o___O
WOW

a 20 inch cute little balsa bipe that looks good

hmm that would be great for the park
Sep 25, 2006, 08:44 AM
Are you one of these
Tower Hobbies finally got them in and mine is on the way, I got the transparent yellow one.
Sep 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
Shut up and FLY!!!!!
I saw this plane as soon as I walked into my LHS yesterday. They had the trans-yellow Riot in stock. I'm waiting for a flight report from a worker there who is in the process of finishing his Riot before I decide to buy (Like I need a reason ). I looked into the kit and I have to admit that the construction was very solid and not a wrinkle in the covering. Very NICE! The Riot might make my "next-plane-to-get list".... along with about 17 others
Sep 26, 2006, 11:40 PM
"I passed on the kool-aid"
I picked up a white one today...really would have preferred yellow though...oh well. Construction is nice. The covering began to wrinkle when I got it home and unpacked. For the most part it ironed out just fine and I am sure the texas humidity and temp had plenty to do with it. Most of the construction was done tonite except for attaching the wings. I measured the bare airframe (no wheels) and got 4.5 oz. I think it is going to be pretty hard to get close to the listed AUW without using some really small equipment. They mention micro servos on the box but it seems like 3g and 4g servos would be what is required. The servo cut outs looked pretty large though. I am ont a huge fan of the GP hardware and may swap some of it out for something else. Definately open the box before you take it home...it is a shock when you see just how small this thing is. 20" wingspan doesn't click until you have it in front of you.
Sep 27, 2006, 11:40 AM
papasmurf,
Keep us posted on the Bipe.
I picked one up last week. My local hobby shop had one instock and I just had to open up the box and take a look. When I took it out I couldn't believe how cute this little plane was I just had to buy it! I would really like to hear how it flys and which is the best setup before I start the kit.
Thanks
Rickc
Sep 27, 2006, 01:33 PM
It may be a while before I get this one completed. I sold my phx 10's and small lipos a while back so I will have to purchase some more again. I do not have a brushless motor this small either but was thinking of trying something like this:

http://www.rchotdeals.com/Products/r...or/282215.html

The weight is the same as the stock recommended motor though I think the KV is a bit higher. I am not fond of the BP 21/TP style outrunners myself and though this one is similar I may give it a try.

Another I had looked at was the EC28PS found here:

http://64.33.154.92/blackdogrc/brushless.jsp#EC28PL
Sep 27, 2006, 07:30 PM
"woof"
I Just ordered one from one of our stores!

They were asking about what gear to put in this new plane called a Riot. I looked up the plane and asked them if he had one...well long story short we traded Dualsky xm2822-25 motor and a 3s460 Bad Dog for a plane! I Hope to get it soon I have 6 days off!

Pictures will be up ASAP!

Looking for build hints from you guys getting them first so keep us posted!

2dogrc
woof
Sep 27, 2006, 10:24 PM
Still looking at motors. There is a Dynam/TP motor that is pretty much the same size and build as the recommended stock motor but weighs a few grams more. I think I may have narrowed it down to the ELE EC28PS or one of the smaller GWS outrunners.
Sep 27, 2006, 11:43 PM
GIMMIE FOAM!!!
Mine is at the LHS...in the back...all lonely...waiting for me to take ehr home!
Sep 28, 2006, 12:58 PM
This plane has definate possibilities. Its a 7oz balsa built up bipe...might be just the ticket for an indoor balsa aerobatic plane...Its about time.

I looked at one today...it looks like its gonna be a wildly touchy plane though...HUGE surfaces and really tiny.
Sep 29, 2006, 12:18 AM
I ran into a snag this evening when installing the servos. Practically all 6g servos and smaller are not going to have leads long enough to reach the rx. HS-55's would work but then you are adding about 6-9g total which equates to the weight of another servo. There is a hole behind the wing I could cut out for cooling and attach the servos to the rx and then allow the rx to fall forward to the front before velcroing it in the battery bay. The manual I do not think mentioned about cutting the cooling hole and I do not think it mentioned cutting the battery bay either.
Sep 29, 2006, 12:28 PM
Just some guy
Smurf, where did you put the receiver??? I have mine in the bay right behind the wing like the manual sez and it fits with the Futaba micro plug servos. and those leads are short! Speed control goes up in the battery bay.
Sep 29, 2006, 12:35 PM
I have not installed the rx. I was just figuring it went up front with the battery as I did not see anything in the manual about cutting out the hole in the covering behind the wing. I am sure they will be long enough if I put the rx there. Thanks!
Sep 29, 2006, 12:37 PM
"woof"
Smurf,

You motor combo is boxed up and will be out today..You should have them Monday!

Let me know how it works since I will be using the exact setup..maybe trying a 360 pack.

2dogrc

Quick Reply