Aug 16, 2006, 06:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

This is what happens when 747's are allowed to breed.

Be the first to make one?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2006, 07:35 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
Will we have baby planes flying around in 9 months? o.O
Aug 16, 2006, 07:45 PM
Thread OP
What is the gestation period for a 747, if it's like an elephant we could be waiting ages.

Actually she is designed to carry 787 bits around.

Boeing 787 Program
747 Large Cargo Freighter (LCF)

Photos Of Boeing 747 Undergoing Conversion In Taiwan. 747 To Transport Sections Of New 787 Aircraft From Locations In The United States, Japan, & Italy To Everett Washington.

787 Program To Open Its Final Assembly Operations In Everett In 2007. First Flight Expected In 2007 With Certification, Delivery And Entry Into Service Occurring In 2008.
Aug 16, 2006, 08:08 PM
ARF Hater Club
I guess Boeing doesn't want to use the Airbus Beluga.
Aug 17, 2006, 08:50 AM

Thanks for that!

This is gonna sound like another one of my BS stories, but it is true.
In 1968, I went to work for Jack Conroy, designer & builder of the original "Guppy" series of out-size cargo planes. We were modifying a Canadair CL-44, so that it could carry portable oil-drilling rigs, up on the North Slope. One lunch time, I was in the hangar, & came across a magazine picture of the roll-out of the then-new 747. I went in and borrowed a piece of "A"-size vellum from the chief engineer, and proceeded to trace the photo of the roll-out, then, I added the typical "Conroy bulge" to my tracing, and thinking it would be a funny joke, tacked it onto the hangar bulletin board.
I never heard a word about my little artwork, but nearly 10 years later, when I found myself in charge of all the hangars, I happened into Hangar 1, and there, curled up on the bulletin board, was my 747-Guppy! Nobody had ever taken it down! (Wish I had kept it, so I could show proof).
I think this is the first time I found out my whimsical dream became a reality! (Boy, that took a while)!
Aug 17, 2006, 04:31 PM
Thread OP

more pics

sorry some are poor quaility. PM me if you want the word file they came from.

Quick Reply