Jun 06, 2001, 05:52 PM
SJ
SJ

What is wrong with my servo

If I move my TX stick to full output, the servo ofcourse moves full travel. But at the end of full travel it moves back a little bit. As if it overshootes the "stop" and then moves back.
The servo does that in both directions, and only at full movement of the TX stick. And Im sure its the servo, because i have two servos mixed together for my delta, and only one has this problem.

Why??? What´s wrong with it.?

Hope you understand what i mean, as my explenation might not be too good.

to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2001, 07:54 PM
I understand what you mean, that's quite odd, but does it do it only at speed?
..a
Jun 07, 2001, 04:50 AM
SJ
SJ
hmmm...

Just looked again. It only does this in one direction. And yes, it only does it when i move the stick quickly. If i move the stick slowly, the it works normaly.

Is something rotten inside my servo ?
Its a MS-X3
Jun 07, 2001, 07:38 AM
Just sounds like 'lag' to me. The little motor is spinning like crazy to get the arm there as quickly as possible, but it's overshooting a little, so it backs up to compensate. You probably won't (shouldn't) be using 100% of the travel anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.
Just make sure there's no play in the arm in any position.
..a
Jun 07, 2001, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SJ:
If I move my TX stick to full output, the servo ofcourse moves full travel. But at the end of full travel it moves back a little bit. As if it overshootes the "stop" and then moves back.
The servo does that in both directions, and only at full movement of the TX stick. And Im sure its the servo, because i have two servos mixed together for my delta, and only one has this problem.

Why??? What´s wrong with it.?

Hope you understand what i mean, as my explenation might not be too good.

What servo brand is it? Hitech??

I've heard of something about Hitech servos from the LHS.. But I'm not suggesting that's the problem.