Aug 15, 2006, 07:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Too Hot to fly here in Florida

I give up for a while. It sucks to be dripping sweat on your Tx while flying. Motors, ESC and batteries get way too hot also. Sometimes I wonder why I live here.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2006, 08:28 AM
Greybird

I know how you feel Twas like that over here in the U.K believe it or not a few weeks ago, however now we are back to rain and high winds so still cant get any decent flying done!!

Stay with it mate!!

Djt
Aug 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
its hot everyday in singapore here ... like 34 degree's on average ... peaks at abt 36 -37 if u get lucky !
Aug 15, 2006, 09:17 AM
Aw that's terrible!
I really feel for you, no seriously and I bet the rest of the UK fliers feel the same too.

Dave
Aug 15, 2006, 12:28 PM
victim of the system
Greybird , since moving from Florida 16 years ago to Ohio ..I do not miss the heat at all ..we have had a few mid 90* days with humidity and a told the guys at work it is why I moved from Florida..Keeps it up I am bound for Alaska ...Tom
Aug 15, 2006, 06:02 PM
Lovely and cold here in the deep north .
Aug 15, 2006, 06:09 PM
I spent 4 wonderful years in Alaska and I'm still trying to figure out why I'm back in FL. I would love to fly in the snow...keeps the battery and motor cool too.
Aug 15, 2006, 06:16 PM
/bin/ksh
It's been a hot summer in the deep south in the US for sure, keeps me from flying unless I get out real early and even then it's humid.
Aug 15, 2006, 06:21 PM
It's not that terrible.. If you get out and fly for a pack, then go sit in the shade and have a cold drink and relax for 5-10, then fly again.

Otherwise yeah, it's really crappy flying in the direct sun. If you can find shade to fly in *your back to a tree, field in front of you* it's do-able. Otherwise yeah.. Pretty crappy. Especially when it's a dead calm day. Can't fly 'cuz it's so damn hot!

-Kyle
Aug 15, 2006, 06:56 PM
I hear ya, I just ran a pack through my CP2 here in Austin, TX. Hottest day of the year so far, and at 7pm it is still 100.9F. Wind is 13mph, so that doesn't help my mood either. Come on winter!! Here in central TX, we call that "flying season".

-Chris
Aug 15, 2006, 08:03 PM
I flew my Blade CP Pro just at dusk.. Last 15-20 minutes of twilight before it was too dark to fly. I tried a backflip. Turns out.. You can't really "flip" my BCPP, insufficient power! So I ended up falling inverted towards the ground at full negative throttle. Just before it hit, it leveled off and took off flying towards the side. I managed to flip it back upright and save it before any damage happened. But lemme tell ya. That's some adrenaline.

Temp here was ~95'ish, Winds were 15-20 mphs all day, died down to 0-5 at dusk, then picked back up right after I finished flying.

Winds are whimsical, I thinks.

-Kyle
Aug 15, 2006, 09:52 PM
Interestingly enough, I like hot weather. The hotter the better. You never experience the snow storm here in western New York... 0F outside.

Rudy
Aug 16, 2006, 01:49 AM
Oh, Ho, Ho, It's Magic!
Have to say, I hate hot weather, especially with humidity thrown in.

Here in Melbourne, Australia it's just coming to the end of winter and into spring. Won't be many more weeks before mother nature turns her blowtorch and sauna back on. How tedious.

At least here in Melbourne we are in the southern part of the continent and it's a bit more temperate than up north.

I'm seriously thinking of moving even further south to Tassie (Tasmania) if these dam summers keep getting hotter.

Give me a warm fireplace and a glass of port any day over palm trees and laying round in the heat.

I'm just a winter, cold climate lover.

Cheers,

Paul.
Aug 16, 2006, 06:30 AM
Thread OP
I was just outside, tx and Trex in hand. 7am. Muggy as can be. Turned around and went back in.
Aug 16, 2006, 09:40 AM
Enter the Rage
Being Native to Florida I never realized its heat/humidity factor Until I got out here to Las Vegas for a few weeks its like 2 methods of cooking vegetables. In Florida hot days are like being steamed broccoli, In Las Vegas its like being a baked potato. Now add some wind that is like you were thrown in a convection oven. I do have to say it is Dang HOT in Vegas but at least down pours of sweat does not seem to be a visible problem

Quick Reply