RC shop in Taipei - RC Groups
Aug 14, 2006, 10:53 PM
Discussion

RC shop in Taipei

Hello,

I am in Taipei for 3 days for business and wondered whether there is any good RC Shop near where I am staying - 'United Hotel' - Kwang Fu Road?

I am interested in rc, brushless, gliders, parkflyers.

Thanks
Arthur
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2006, 11:28 AM
There are many hobby shops in Taipei and vicinity area. Can you speak Mandarin? if not, I will recommand the China Models, here is the address information.

中國模型 (China Models)
Tel: 02-2505-8650
FAX: 02-2502-0453

Address:
台北市農安街277號7樓-1
7F-1 #277 Nong-Ann St. Taipei (within few km from your hotel)

Owner
蔣世傑 (Chiang)

Mr. Chiang speaks English, give him a call before you go, to make sure he is in there. His shop is in an apartment building, so a little bit tricky to see from outside. He carries everything can fly........ glow power, electric, airplanes and choppers, parkflyers, aerobatics and big IMAC planes, very nice guy. They accept major credit cards.

Have a nice shopping!

Luke
Aug 15, 2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Arthur,

I'd like to suggest you visiting GWS shop by catching Ban Nan
line of Taipei MRT (Subway) at Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall Station located at the corner of Kwang Fu South Road and Chung Hsiao E. Road, you said your hotel is on Kwang Fu road, be sure to get off at Kun Yang Station. Ticket fee would be 20 N.T. one way, it's far cheaper than going by Taxi.

This GWS Shop is located at West side of Kun Yang Station just 100 meters (320 ft) away. It opens every day from 12:00 noon till 22:00.

Chen
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Aug 15, 2006 at 10:34 PM.
Aug 16, 2006, 12:24 PM
Well... I can't say I haven't tried...

First took a taxi to a GWS dealer that a guy from the office had identified as being closest and written down the address for me. However, the taxi took me to the outskirts of town to a small side street. On the address was only an appartment building. Someone buzzed me in, but it was definitely not a store. Wasn't very easy to get a cab back to the hotel.

Secondly, when back in the hotel I followed Chen's suggestion - being quite proud of my achievement of getting to Kun Yang station. The Taipei underground is very effcient & smooth. Got out, but didn't know which way 'west' was as the sun had already set. So I walked first a couple of hundred meters to the left, didn't find it, then went back and repeated for all other directions.

I've seen many many scootershops and lots of others shops, restaurants etc, but no modellhobby shop.

So bad luck - but then again it was an interesting change from having dinner with the local office.

Is there any good online source for GWS products?

Arthur
Aug 16, 2006, 01:34 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Sorry to inform you that 蔣世傑 (Chiang) is no longer in RC business.

He is running a seafood resterant since last year.
Aug 16, 2006, 01:38 PM
Houng-wen Lin

The most complete inventory only from GWS shop!

廣營電子總公司
地址:台北縣汐止市大同路二段153號
GWS Shop: 台北縣汐止市大同路二段125號
電話:02-86926255 傳真 : 02-86926842~3
電子信箱: taipei@gws.com.tw

內銷課批發組 / 基隆市中和路168巷10弄37號
電話 : 02-24365477 傳真 : 02-24367796
營業時間:週一~週五 AM 8:30 ~ PM17:30
郵購信箱:order@gws.com.tw
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Dec 01, 2009 at 03:56 PM.
Aug 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
Hi Arthur,

Sorry for my insufficient information. I'm afraid that you
do not have enough time visiting our Shop.

After getting off subway at Kun Yang Station, step on and stand by the information room of this station, look at outside of the station then you can find a motorcycle parking lot. GWS Shop is located at the side of this parking lot, the next store of a restaurant with green roof outside. Be sure to look at the mark of GWS in red. There would usually be a sedan parking in front of this shop. Addres is #323 Chung Hsiao East Road, Sec. 6, Taipei
Tel: 2654-7090 Be reminded that it opens from 12:00 noon till 22:00 .

You could find out this shop easily this time.

Would you visit our web site www.gws.com.tw then click
at English, then products for viewing our products. You're
welcome to send e-mail to service@gws.com.tw stating
your needs. http://www.gwsus.com/english/product/product.htm

Chen
Last edited by GWS CHEN; Aug 17, 2006 at 12:39 PM.
Aug 18, 2006, 12:25 AM
Hi Chen & others,

I guess the difficulty for me was that I couldn't read any of the Taiwanese characters - so there may have been big signs saying 'RC Hobby Shop' without me seeing!

Anyway - if I get to visit Taipei again I will go there. Now I have left and am in Tokyo.

Arthur
Aug 18, 2006, 01:05 AM
Hi Arthur,

Oh, I'd need to suggest GWS Shop adding a big logo of "GWS" on its door. It'd be much more convenient for friends who have no idea about Taiwanese characters. New GWS airplanes will be
shown on this shop soon. Be sure to visit GWS shop in Taipei.

Have a good time in Japan.

Chen
Sep 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
Does the GWS shop only carry GWS stuff? Any other big hobby shops around Taipei? If there is please post address and phone number(in chinese is fine). I'm specifically looking for bluebird stuff(need metal gear servo).
Thanks
Sep 28, 2006, 07:31 AM
There are a lot of GWS servos coming with metal gears. Why not looking for GWS ones, this link is stated for your reference,
http://www.gwsus.com/english/product/servo/servo.htm

Chen
Sep 28, 2006, 11:34 AM
I've looked at the GWS servos. The smallest metal gear is micro sized and weighs almost 1 oz. Even though that looks like a good servo with alot of power, I don't need that much power and so I'm looking for something smaller/lighter. The smallest blue bird metal gear servo is about half the weight and makes about 2/3 the power of the GWS. That is why I'm looking at bluebird servos.
If GWS made a metal gear version of the Naro+F HP I would most likely get that since I really like the GWS products due to good parts availability.
I'll probably go check out the GWS store though, are prices for things like servos, motors, props cheaper there in Taiwan than in the US?
Thanks
Sep 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
um from the chinese GWS website I see the price is a few dollars less for servos...motors the suggested retail price is about the same as here in the States(when converted)
Sep 28, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hi pwu 1,

The suggested retail price of GWS products in Taiwan would be cheaper than US one after converted Taiwan dollars into US green back.

You'd need to take shipping cost and custom fee into account.

Chen
Nov 30, 2009, 10:21 PM
Aussieguy
Hi, just visited an excellent model shop in Taichung about 2 hours drive from Taipei.It is in the main street and called SkyHobby at No.08.SEC2,Chung-Kang R.D Taichung City.
Website www.skyhobby.com.tw
They planes nitro and electric,boats,helis,gliders,motors.It is Thunder Tigers retail shop and is the best and most modern I have seen.Will post some photos later.Spent a fair bit but saved alot.Recomend to allow 2 days to get your order as they don't carry everything in their catelogue in the shop but get it for pick up the next day. With large models best to get sent back to your home in someone's container!!! Reccomend Taiwan visitors to travel there for a spend. You can take a taxi about US$90-00 or catch the fast rail. I go there on business and will visit again for sure.
Regards Greg - Aussieguy

Quick Reply