Nov 15, 2006, 07:20 PM
Want to Fly, Have to Work
Thanks Matt,

Nope, went to Lowe's in Waterford and Lowe's in Oviedo and nada. All they carry now is the Protection Board. The PB is definately not as stiff as the Blucor. Nada at Home Depot either.

PM me with what your thinking on a deal.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2006, 08:24 PM
Things are looking up...

Baby Blue

No wonder Mike (BlueAnodizeAl) has been offering lame excuses for not flying with us, he's been busy...

Welcome baby Benjamin Martin (as in B-26?), born Monday Nov 13, 20 inches and 7 lb 6 oz. Coming soon to a flying field near you...

Rick
Nov 15, 2006, 09:08 PM
Team Broke
Congrats Mike !

Jim
Nov 15, 2006, 11:04 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBatter
Anybody know where to get Blucor foam here in Orlando.
Lowe's only carries Protection Board now.
If you have Blucor that you would like to sell, PM me.
Get in contact with Gerry as I understand he bought a pretty good amount of the stuff.......

I go to BJ's deli and ask for their Meat Trays......they are white shiny and strong.....of course they are not large panels like BLU CORE, Dow Corning.

Carlos
Nov 15, 2006, 11:31 PM
AMA #851612
Just checked DOW's web-site:

Quote:
Where can I purchase STYROFOAM* extruded polystyrene?

Answer
There are hundreds of distributors across North America.

Call 1-866-583-2583 for information on the distributors nearest to you.
Nov 15, 2006, 11:58 PM
Mikes a Daddy now...

scary because last week he said that makes me "Mr. Bucknell" now... gave me the heby-jebys

well Mike, time to get a crib with a sunshade for the flying field lol

congratulations

-David
Nov 16, 2006, 12:38 AM
Account closed
Aaaaaaa enjoy Mike when they are this tiny........I have two Teenagers and one is attending University now......just got back from Jacksonville, Florida after replacing my daughter's 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix battery.....you had to disassembly a cross brace, loosen two wire harnesses, set-a-side the radiator funnel tube coming from the over-flow tank and heave the ugly GM DELCO battery......I replaced it with a very good OPTIMA Gel Cell!

Had a good day even though she made me work today! I eat dinner at the University's cafe and I can't beleive my little first born is 18 1/2 years old!

Time will fly and pretty soon that strooler will be in the garage sale.

Enjoy while they are tiny. You are their Big Daddy!
Nov 16, 2006, 12:53 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBatter
Thanks Matt,

Nope, went to Lowe's in Waterford and Lowe's in Oviedo and nada. All they carry now is the Protection Board. The PB is definately not as stiff as the Blucor. Nada at Home Depot either.

PM me with what your thinking on a deal.

Hey Noel,

Seems like Titusville, Florida Lowe's has it....do you want me to pick some for you???

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...348&lpage=none

However, the page says it can be sought at the Waterford Lakes location???

Go Figure?
Nov 16, 2006, 01:03 AM
Account closed
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...403&lpage=none

They have the Blue Cor strip seal rolls as well.....hum neat for those round areas!!!
Nov 16, 2006, 01:55 AM
I fly stuff
If Carlos can get a whole bundle, go for that if not I will sell you half of a bundle for half what i bought it for. My building has slowed down, as my son is getting into everything these days. I am in Cali till Sunday, so we can work something out then.

Matt V
Nov 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
Matt,

I may take you up on that.
I'll PM you later this week if I don't find it anywhere.

Thanks
Nov 17, 2006, 10:28 AM
Account closed
People,

If you have NOT bought your PicooZ yet then, brace yourselves on the sticker shocker....if you can find it cheaper then, shipping will get you!

Wow! I may just sell mine at eBay for the highest bidder.....NOT!

http://www.wowzzers.com/product_info...ad6814b164d803

Wow!!! That's a lot of dough!
Nov 17, 2006, 10:39 AM
AMA #851612
Yeah, if that's what they're charging at local toy stores and Radio Shacks, they're shooting themselves in the foot by more than doubling the original price. I was on the fence with whether or not I would purchase one, both because of availability and because of the cheezy "toy" factor. Now with the increase in price you can forget about it. I'd much rather by a Seagull Extra 300 for $80. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
Nov 17, 2006, 10:47 AM
It's the usual supply and demand equations driving prices in todays world. I hate it and companies should be ashamed of themselves. Take something thats flying off the shelf, add the Christmas holiday time frame and bingo, double the price.

Problem is, its really us thats to blame because we pay the higher prices. If we pay, they will play.

Look at the game consules, PS3 in this case. The video game consule manufacturers do it every Christmas. They plan so that their new game consule is released just before Christmas time, they announce that there will be a limited supply, and people immediately start waiting in lines for days, even camping out, to get one, paying huge prices. And people fall for this year after year.
Nov 17, 2006, 03:18 PM
AMA #851612
This is MUCH more like it:

http://www.oozarf.com/Articles.asp?ID=6&click=24

Quick Reply